Hasegawa 1/48th F-14D

It looks pretty good. My only critique is that even though the panel lines are nice and dirty the rest of the jet is too clean. But other than that I'd say you have a pretty sweet looking tomcat there.

Edited by xavi84
The landing gear, gear doors, weapon racks and engine exhausts could do with a wash too to bring out all their details and improve the overall look.

I second that. The white is too stark and doesn't have enough depth without a wash.

• 1 month later...

1st try? really? 1st try, as in this is your very 1st try in putting together scale model ever? GET OUTTA HERE! :lol:

My 1st try looks like it was put together by a primary school kid!!!

How on earth did you do the "can"? I've seen that sort of paint on the can a few times (Tomcats, Falcons). What colours did you use? What did you mask 'em with?

LOVE the shark teeth!

• 4 weeks later...

To address the previous weathering comments, it looks as though these photos were taken with a flash which can sometimes play some nasty tricks on a model's actual look. Temporary overhead lighting of some sort and a flashless picture gives a much better representation, IMHO.

Anyway, nice looking Tomcat.

John