Denel AH-2A Rooivalk

Hi Guys,

Here is my first completed full resin/multi-media kit, a Scaleworx 1/72 Denel AH-2A Rooivalk attack helicopter (formally designated the CSH-2). The build log is here. I really wasn't sure this would see completion as my stamina for this build was tested many, many times, but the perseverance has paid off. As in any first time endeavor, there are flaws a plenty. All things considered, I am pleased with how this turned out though. I would like to thank John Weideman of Scaleworx Models for the opportunity to build this kit. It's not everyday I have a chance to build a model of such a unique subject.

All comments and critiques are welcomed and highly encouraged.

100_5846.jpg

100_5847.jpg

100_5848.jpg

100_5849.jpg

100_5851.jpg

100_5852.jpg

100_5853.jpg

100_5854.jpg

100_5857.jpg

100_5859.jpg

Thanks for looking!

Cheers,

Alby

Very nice work Albey!!!

My only critique is that on the 7th pic you can see where you didnt get a PERFECT straigh line on the leading edge...

This dosnt consist with the rest of the model that IS PERFECT!!!

lol.

Was following your build thread in the helo section and loved it. Nice work man.

David

Thanks Greg and Fish! I was worried how the paint scheme was going to turn out considering this is the first model that I used a traditional airbrush to paint with instead of my Aztek A470 (it died and I was too impatient to wait for a new one from Testors). I have no idea what brand of airbrush it is as it came with a Campbell-Hausfeld air compressor that my wife had bought for me years ago. All in all, not too shabby for my first go around with this style of airbrush.

Thanks again for the kind comments!

Cheers,

Alby

Edited by Albert Moore

Gotta love the Rooivalk! :nanner: Nice job, Alby! :crying2:

You said for your next project you wanted a simple paintjob? How about that all-grey Superhind Mk.3 demonstrator? diablotin.gif

Edited by ChernayaAkula
Gotta love the Rooivalk! :cop: Nice job, Alby! :lol:

You said for your next project you wanted a simple paintjob? How about that all-grey Superhind Mk.3 demonstrator? diablotin.gif

Thanks Moritz! Funny you bring up the ATE Super Hind Mk III. I was talking to ScaleWorx about that conversion set as I'm interested in doing the Algerian version (still an easy scheme compared to the Rooivalk).

Cheers,

Alby

Nice build of a really ugly chopper!

I'd love to see a lineup of the Rooivalk, Mangusta, Tiger and Cobra in the same scale, just for comparison purposes. You wouldn't happen to have any of those in your built-up collection, Alby? :-) (Italeri does a superb, if outdated, Mangusta; Revell's take on the Tiger is excellent, and while the commonly available cobras aren't perfect, they're at least better than the Apache kits I've seen thus far in 1/72).

Great work,

SP

Thanks Rodney, Ken, Jarred, TaiidanTomcat, and everyone else for the comments and kudos. A note on the lack of weathering- The SAAF keeps their Rooivalks in pristine condition as they only have 11 in their inventory, so there isn't a lot of weathering to replicate in this particular case (except maybe the suggested wash here or there for some added depth- I'll look into that at another time). Thanks again fellas!

Cheers,

Alby