I have an idea about how to go outside the box with markings for aircraft that just aren't covered by any of the major or minor AM decal makers. What I'm inquiring about or (if you will) looking for is 1/48th scale tail codes in white for letters and numbers. A sheet with all the letters from A-Z and numbers small and large. This is all I need just numbers and letters.

I have an idea about how to go outside the box with markings for aircraft that just aren't covered by any of the major or minor AM decal makers. What I'm inquiring about or (if you will) looking for is 1/48th scale tail codes in white for letters and numbers. A sheet with all the letters from A-Z and numbers small and large. This is all I need just numbers and letters.

I have some decal sheets with letters and numbers, white, black, red, gray, etc. I probably have one in white and one in black that can be sold too.

If you need some info, just let me know.

Regards.

Marco

Woodland Scenics may have what you need, but they are dry transfers. I've used them in black for tail numbers. Check your local RR shops.

Dittos on those Woodland Scenics dry transfers.

I believe 2Bobs also did a letter/number sheet for modern USAF jets?

You mean the standard 24" and 18" tail codes used by USAF aircraft? Aeromaster or Eagle Strike recently made some in black and white. I think Squadron still has them. Repliscale had some in black, white, and Gunship Grey, but those are rare as hen's teeth.

Ben

Looking thru my decals collection I can say for sure that I have the followings available, if needed:

AEROMASTER 72-011 US 45° ID numbers & letters Black (good for bigger scale too)

AEROMASTER 72-012 US 45° ID numbers & letters White (good for bigger scale too)

I have a binder full of generic decals such as letter, numbers, insignias, etc, in many colours and dimension, they are mainly Superscale but unfortunately they don't produce such variety nowdays...

Regards.

Marco

You mean the standard 24" and 18" tail codes used by USAF aircraft? Aeromaster or Eagle Strike recently made some in black and white. I think Squadron still has them. Repliscale had some in black, white, and Gunship Grey, but those are rare as hen's teeth.

Ben

AAAAARRRRGGGG.....those be the ones matey...I'll be looking to Aero and Eagle for them.....Perhaps we can strike an accord,....AAARRRGGGHHHH...says I, Oh crud I'd better stop watching "Pirates of the Caribbean" Barbossa is starting to rub off on me :) :lol: . They definitely gotta be 1/48th though. To be specific I'm looking for 1/48thWhite 45 degree U.S. ID numbers and letters

Edited by Angels49

Fantasy Printshop here in the UK do 45 degree lettering in white and black, in both 1/72 and 1/48. See here:

Fantasy Printshop

Remember you can also adapt lettering from different scales to get the size you need. For example 18" letters in 1/72 can be used for 12" in 1/48 and 36" in 1/48 is equivalent to 24" in 1/32.

AAAAARRRRGGGG.....those be the ones matey...I'll be looking to Aero and Eagle for them.....Perhaps we can strike an accord,....AAARRRGGGHHHH...says I, Oh crud I'd better stop watching "Pirates of the Caribbean" Barbossa is starting to rub off on me :lol: :salute: . They definitely gotta be 1/48th though. To be specific I'm looking for 1/48thWhite 45 degree U.S. ID numbers and letters

I have them!

I can send you a scan of the sheet and instructonif you need more info.

Regards.

Marco