FREAK!!!

Chris, simply put, that is easily one of the best dinos I have ever seen. I am curious how you did the eyes as they look freaking real!! You need to bring him to Phoenix for the nats man!!

Oh, one last thing, EVERYONE in the know says that Dinos were not striped!! :whistle:

Great build my friend.

Mike

Thanks again for all the nice comments :cheers:

I am not sure about the clean teeth though! =)) :jaw-dropping:
I'm feeding him Count Chocula drenched in Coca-Cola. I'll post new pictures of the results eventually.

Pengavatar3.jpg

I am curious how you did the eyes as they look freaking real!! You need to bring him to Phoenix for the nats man!!
Thanks Mike. The eyes are just painted a dirty yellow, shadowed toward the edges and brighter towards the center. The pupil is just black decal punched out with a Waldron punch & die set. Then glossed up with Future.

The Raptor eyes on the other hand were much more complex. For that I cut out the kit eyes, applied a diamond shaped black decal on the backside (edit: of an acrylic half ball) for the pupil then brushed various shades of oil paint on top of that (again on the backside). I then inserted the eye into the hollow head before gluing it all together.

They'll probably both go to Phoenix (space permitting as they're both big!).

:cheers:

Edited by Zactoman
I was at a model contest one time and had someone tell me that my Raptor was the wrong color!

Well, everyone knows Raptors have that ifficult-to-duplicate semi-metallic finish that varies with lighting conditions! :)

Seriously, spectacular work, sir.

• 1 year later...

That looks phenomenal! Best one I've seen.

Maybe your Raptor critic was one of those young-Earth types that believes humans and dinosaurs not only existed together but somehow got pictures of them to those of us in the future.

stunning work there dude ! you have a real rare talent from what i can see. As one of the guys said - I thought also it was airbrushed with all the fine blends and feathers ! you should paint some armour, figures and busts - you would excel at that.

cheers

Mark

Awesome model! :jaw-dropping: I need to get one of these!

A note on color accuracy, since we seem to be discussing it:

I've read that recently researches have discovered microscopic remnants of the pigments which made up the proto-feathers of animals like the T-Rex (at least while young). According to the latest findings, this guy could have looked like this!

teeewrecks_revorution.jpg

- PS: That doesn't diminish the work at all. It's amazing!

Thanks again for the nice comments... :cheers:

you should paint some armour, figures and busts - you would excel at that.
I wish I had time to build and paint models.

While there are lots of subjects I'd love to build (and other hobbies such as oil painting and sculpting), if I had the time, I'd like to build one of the kits I make aftermarket products for such as the 1/32 Su-27.

I don't have much finished in my display case but I do have this figure that I'm happy with:

Penguin-zoom_80k.jpg

More pics in my gallery: www.Zactomodels.com

A note on color accuracy, since we seem to be discussing it:

I've read that recently researches have discovered microscopic remnants of the pigments which made up the proto-feathers of animals like the T-Rex (at least while young). According to the latest findings, this guy could have looked like this!

I won't be re-painting this guy but I'd love to try some feathered schemes on future builds!

:cheers: