McDonnell F2H-3 banshee - Academy 1/72

Hi all,

Few pictures of my last completed model, a little "Banshee" from Academy-Hobbycraft. As part of a french modeler GB, I've decided to improve some part of the kit.

And as pictures are better than words, let's show them...

f2h3zp0.jpg

f2h6.jpg

f2h24.jpg

f2h45.jpg

f2h46.jpg

f2h50.jpg

f2h52.jpg

And finally, the "Banshee" finished...

f2h56.jpg

f2h57.jpg

f2h58.jpg

Hope you enjoy :wierdo:

Edited by DFN

That's awesome. I like the drooped speed brakes and added wheel well details. The cockpit is quite sharp, too. I don't think I've ever seen a photo with those upper aft doors open, though. What references did you use? Aside from a couple online walkarounds, all I had at my disposal were the Squadron in-action and Ginter books for my build.

I really like the handcrafted details the results speak for themselves. The overall appearance looks awesome and has a nice balance of weathering. Just maybe just a pinch more grim on the bottom side (just me :) ). On another note the brake doors look a little "pink" it maybe just a eye/lighting/camera thing. She is a real contender if you were to decide to place her in a model show. :thumbsup:

Edited by TF51GREGWISE
That's awesome. I like the drooped speed brakes and added wheel well details. The cockpit is quite sharp, too. I don't think I've ever seen a photo with those upper aft doors open, though. What references did you use? Aside from a couple online walkarounds, all I had at my disposal were the Squadron in-action and Ginter books for my build.

Thanks for the comment. As you I've the Squadron and the Naval Fighter but in all of those books and wlk-around, I've never seen a photo with those doors open so I just imagine what can be inside... :lol:

On another note the brake doors look a little "pink" it maybe just a eye/lighting/camera thing.

Your right, it's a little too "pinky", next time, i will paint white, yellow and then only red.

Thanks all

• 2 months later...

Very nice "do-it-yourself" improvements and overall finish! My only (minor) criticism would be the quite dark panel lines. I also often tend to stray to the dark side when it comes to the final panel wash - but I've found that a light (grey) wash looks more realistic than a sharp dark one :salute:

All the best

Bernd