• 5 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

OK Mr. Holmes, I'll see your "BUMP" and raise you a response ;)

I ordered one of the Hawker Woodcock kits from A2Z Models in England about a month or so ago. Alistair of A2Z is very pleasant to deal with, response to my e-mails was prompt and I couldn't believe how quickly the package showed up in my mailbox here in New Jersey. Since this was the second time I ordered from A2Z, I qualified for a repeat customer discount--something I was not expecting, and a very welcome surprise, as the kit is not cheap at all. I would not hesitate to recommend A2Z to anyone thinking of buying from them--they are a first class operation.

As for the kit itself--it is drop dead gorgeous, some of the very best resin casting I've ever seen. I have to confess I wasn't really wild about the Woodcock, I only bought the kit for reasons of completeness (I have all the other RAF golden age fighter kits, so I HAD to have the Woodcock too!), but after seeing the quality of the Silver Wings kit, it is now on the "build soon" pile in my shop.

I hope Silver Wings continues to make other British golden age types in 1/48--I will buy whatever they choose to release. They are expensive, but considering the quality of the kits and the rarity of the subjects, they're worth every penny IMHO.