Painting PL NCC-1701-A Enterpise

I used Aircraft grey on my 1/650 original E. JT Graphics makes excellent decals including windows. I'm trying to decide now on what color to paint the Bussard Collectors. I'm torn between straight orange, and a yellow streaked with red over an orange base. Any opinions??

Paul

That pic is indescribably cool.

Got a solid answer on Pearl coats and flats from a buddy who uses them alot:

Flat coats and pearls will make it look dusty. Best thing to do is to use a clear gloss with the pearl, then do one or two layers of gloss over that. Then spray a semi gloss or flat over that. It'll make it look like the pearl is part of the paint than sitting on the surface. It's a better effect than using flats with the pearls.

It is amazing how large the ship looks when compared to a known object. I just held the saucer of the Enterprise up to get an idea, and the saucer/hull of the NX by my 1/350 Enterprise. The crew certainly had room to move around in the starship, thats for sure.

Don,

It sound like you are building the original series Enterprise. I also recently started a 1/1000 Polar Lights TOS Enterprise.

I'm going to paint it Testors Model Master Light Ghost Gray. I might add a drop of white to lighten it but the color seems to be a favorite for the original series Enterprise.

Yes you are correct, it is the Original Series Enterprise that I am doing, but the kit also allows you to build the 1st and 2nd pilot Enterprise as well. Wow...who would have thought that a science fiction subject would cause as much debate over color as a real aircraft LOL!

Again, great info folks!

Cheers!

Don

Don,

If you really want to go bananas, the actual TOS Original 11 foot long filming model is on display in the Air and Space Museum in DC. It's in the gift shop downstairs. It actually has a slight greenish tint to it. There are pictures of the model on the net. You would have to look at starship modeler, federation models, etc. Those type of web sites.

Paul

Edited by Paul Mullins
Don,

If you really want to go bananas, the actual TOS Original 11 foot long filming model is on display in the Air and Space Museum in DC. It's in the gift shop downstairs. It actually has a slight greenish tint to it. There are pictures of the model on the net. You would have to look at starship modeler, federation models, etc. Those type of web sites.

Paul

Thanks for the info Paul...I will certainly check out those pictures.

Cheers!

Don