• 2 - Duke Life Flight
    • 3 - Memorial MedFlight
    • 4 - Atlantic Air Ambulance
    • 5 - Northwest MedStar
    • 6 - Airlift Northwest
    • Other

Hey Dave

Hope all is well.

It appears LifeNet is making their mark in my area as they have down sized our local UH MedEvac from BK-117's to the EC-135's with the LifeNet paint scheme. So now I have to to finish making those 1/32 LifeNet decals I started. Drop me an offline email.

Be safe and be well.

John

Cool! I am here for whatever you need!

Can't wait to start this GB... I think it is going to be really popular.

I have to say I am pleasantly surprised to see it generating interest. I've tried to get similar GB's off the ground at FSM and had little interest shown. It looks like we may have a solid 15+ people already lined up.

I've had to occupy myself with completely different subjects (WW1 & interwar fighters) to avoid the temptation of a false start, only 9 days to go. :thumbsup:

I have to say I am pleasantly surprised to see it generating interest. I've tried to get similar GB's off the ground at FSM and had little interest shown. It looks like we may have a solid 15+ people already lined up.

I've had to occupy myself with completely different subjects (WW1 & interwar fighters) to avoid the temptation of a false start, only 9 days to go. :deadhorse1:

Haha, I hear you.... I have about 4 projects lined up already!

It should be a killer GB

Hello!!

i would like to perform decals for the#1,#3,#4 but i need detail pictures from the logos!!

maybe anybody of you can help me?

greetings

daniel

You don't need to worry about #4, if you read up the thread... you will see that Draw Decals will be putting those decals out in the future.

As far as 1 and 3, yes I do have the logos but I will be making the decals custom so if you would like a set... no problem... send me your address and I will get some out to you.

I love all of them but I lean owards number 6. I think its mediflight ?? the blue and yellow version.

Either way it appears the Eurocopter is very popularin the US for Aeromedical, however please feel free to correct me.

Either way Im looking forward to seeing the end result, best of luck.

It's really up to the operator, it's like air bags in your car, some have them, others don't. but you know it's much safer with them.

In helicopters, it's the wires you don't see that will kill you.

Tim

Tim,

Thats for sure mate.

They're for cutting power lines, guide wires, cables, or anything else that could get tangled up in the rotor and/or airframe (power lines and the like are one of the biggest hazards to low flying helicopters). There are usually three to four (more or less depending on the helicopter type) mounted in various frontal positions.

Cheers,

Alby

Either way it appears the Eurocopter is very popularin the US for Aeromedical, however please feel free to correct me.

Cagie,

You ar correct. Many operators in the US find that the Eurocopter airframes fit their mission profiles well, and contain operating and maintenance costs. In my experience, the EC-135 is the most popular, followed second by the 145. Some programs do primarily emergency scene calls and can use a smaller aircraft and fly with three person crew. Other programs do more "interfacitlity" or "hospital to hospital" transfers. These often require more equipment(=more space and heavier payload required) , or larger specialty teams. My program does mostly interfacility transfers including very sick newborn babies, heart patient requiring large and heavy machines- that require re-arranging the helicopter to accomodate these types of patients. The smaller airframes limit your access to the patient and most care needs to be done prior to loading in the aircraft. Some of the programs that have higher call volumes or need the larger space/capacity can justify the larger EC-145's , Bell 412's or Sikorsky S-76's. Many other programs utilize smaller airframes, more compact transport equimpent, and limiit their missions to specific types. This helps to contain costs. It is interesting to look at a certain region and see the types of services providing emergency medical services from governmental agencies(local, county, state, and federal) , hospital based and community based. I didn't know all of the differences, complexitites, and politics invloved until I joined a flight team four years ago. I look forward to seeing the variety of aircraft that are built in the upcoming Rescue Group Build.

David

Edited by hooknladderno1
  • 1 year later...

Hi Guys n Gals,

in Lancashire , England, we have a couple of EC135T2's, in the medivac role. One of which is operated out of my local airfield, so if any of you require any internal or external shots then let me know what you want and I'll click away.

The schemes aren't anything to right home about but the airframe's and kit are fabulous!

IMG_3521.jpg

Regards

Reggie

Hi Reggie,

I believe the EC looks good in zinc as they are when they're being built. The 145 doesn't do any justice other than more room. The 145 employs the Bk tail section wich I think was the halmark of the 135 as the fenstron makes the helicopter easy on the eye. Don't know what to say about any kits as I make my own models from wood. For me it's the model as a paint scheme rather than the model as a space taker. This type of helicopter modeling is lost in the overall importance of military aircraft. General aviation has been my passion for 30 years. Again painting two schemes on one model is a space saver as if one gets tired of the present then turn it the other direction. The UK has alot of neat functional paint schemes :)

Hi guys,

Here is part of a build photo to see if it brings intrest back to this thread. I think the Ec is a good looking heli let me know if you like it "Remember" I build in wood and $4.00 dollars worth of materials. Go Green!!! There are all sorts of photos in my folder.

Just go to Photobucket and type in ArtworksIII for the build photos of MedStar page 3 I'm working on Broward County Sheriffs paint scheme which is not in this thread.... Yet

Link????

Edited by ArtworksIII

Yah, what ever happened to the build. Would love to see some pictures!!!

I'm working on a build for a customer of 2x 1/32 EC-135s. Hopefully I will have more pictures posted in about a month.

Been working on a slew of personal 1/32 decals for EC-135, EC-145 & BK-117 for my current and up coming air medical builds. LifeNet (In progress), STAT Medevac (completed), PHI Aeromedical (completed), Med Flight oh Ohio old and new scheme (completed), UH Medevac BK and 135 (completed), Metro Life Flight Cleveland (in prgoress), UC AirCare (in progress).

1/48 Astar air medical decals. MedFlight Ohio (near completetion), MedFlight/HealthNet (Near completion), PHI air medical (completed), AirEvac (completed), LifeReach (completed), LifeNet (in progress).

1/48 365N Dauphin air medical decals. Miami Valley CareFlight (In progress), Toledo Life Flight (In progress), Bronson AirCare (In progress). (Can be converted to 1/35th when the 1/35th kit comes out.

Cheers

John

Edited by AirMedical
Yah, what ever happened to the build. Would love to see some pictures!!!

I'm working on a build for a customer of 2x 1/32 EC-135s. Hopefully I will have more pictures posted in about a month.

Been working on a slew of personal 1/32 decals for EC-135, EC-145 & BK-117 for my current and up coming air medical builds. LifeNet (In progress), STAT Medevac (completed), PHI Aeromedical (completed), Med Flight oh Ohio old and new scheme (completed), UH Medevac BK and 135 (completed), Metro Life Flight Cleveland (in prgoress), UC AirCare (in progress).

1/48 Astar air medical decals. MedFlight Ohio (near completetion), MedFlight/HealthNet (Near completion), PHI air medical (completed), AirEvac (completed), LifeReach (completed), LifeNet (in progress).

1/48 365N Dauphin air medical decals. Miami Valley CareFlight (In progress), Toledo Life Flight (In progress), Bronson AirCare (In progress). (Can be converted to 1/35th when the 1/35th kit comes out.

Cheers

John

Hi John,

We have an old STAT BK-117 out here in Spokane. I'm surprised how big the type is. My models are all 1/35th. Were you able to find my photobucket profile? the EC is one of my favorite carves. Hopefully the guys who started this thread will get serious about his intentions and chime in. :bandhead2:

Edited by ArtworksIII
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...