fogged canopy fix?

Hi guys,

I just noticed that the superglue that I used to attach a canopy has fogged it a bit. Apparently I got a few fingerprints on the canopy while attaching it, and now have forensic proof that it was indeed me that did the attaching! Is there any way to remove them without removing and stripping the canopy or starting over? Thanks, Fred K.

Hi guys,

I just noticed that the superglue that I used to attach a canopy has fogged it a bit. Apparently I got a few fingerprints on the canopy while attaching it, and now have forensic proof that it was indeed me that did the attaching! Is there any way to remove them without removing and stripping the canopy or starting over? Thanks, Fred K.

Fred - they are on the outside I assume? Only thing I can think of is using a small dab of plastic polish, and perhaps a Q-tip. I don't know if it will actually remove it though. I also have read about using Brass-O polish to polish plastic, if that is easier to get

good luck!

Hi guys,

n600255611_3565565_6084-1.jpg

You are soooo busted Mister!

You'll have to sand out the finger prints, then apply some future with a brush, did you use future to begin with??? it would have prevented to fogging.

Curt

In the future....no pun plwease....don't use CA too attatch canopys.

Hi,

I've been using CA to attach canopies for years and this is the first time I've had an issue. Maybe I've just been lucky! BTW, is that a musky or a pike that you're holding in your avatar pic? Fred K.

Fred - they are on the outside I assume? Only thing I can think of is using a small dab of plastic polish, and perhaps a Q-tip. I don't know if it will actually remove it though. I also have read about using Brass-O polish to polish plastic, if that is easier to get

good luck!

Hi Ken,

I'll try the future solution mentioned in this thread first, and then perhaps the polish if the future fails. The canopy was dipped in future and is attached to a 32nd Has. F-5E with Black Box cockpit set. Anyone who has every used the BB set on this kit will see my reluctance to detach the canopy from the model and start all over! Thanks, Fred.