not long completed Revell 1:48 F-15E

Here is my completed Revell 1:48 F-15E Strike Eagle. I guess this kit really needs no introduction because it truly is a shake and bake kit. No issues what so ever apart from a minor step on the fuselage joint. Nothing too tasking.

I chose to use Avionix cockpit set for the build but to be honest, think I wasted my money. On comparing it to the kit parts, don't think I saw that much of a difference to warrent spending the extra £30. Note to self "don't spend £30 on a kit that costs £15" :thumbsup::doh: I used it anyway for the hell of it, but not sure my low level of skill did it any justice :) . Think I will let you people be the judge of that!!

Decals were as standard from the kit and paint was Xtracrylix as they spray really well with no hastle. Other paints were Humbrol.

A few extras included the dropping of the inboard flaps, leaving the nose gear till last even though diagram says when fuselage is assembled and I used matt white on the Nav lights followed by the use of Steadtler marker pens to create the light and then a final coat of Johnson's Klear (Future) was applied to give it the glass look.

Hope you enjoy the photos.

Regards

Andy

DroppedflapsandopenABrake.jpg

07jpg.jpg

Hotexhaust.jpg

Nicesetofwheels.jpg

Underside.jpg

HPNX0187.jpg

HPNX0188.jpg

HPNX0189.jpg