Tamiya Mark Fit

Has anyone tried this decal solution from Tamiya? I have always used Micro Set/Sol but my supply finally ran out and I was thinking of trying this but not sure what it is like. The Set/Sol was a 2 step and now this is a one step.

Has anyone tried this decal solution from Tamiya? I have always used Micro Set/Sol but my supply finally ran out and I was thinking of trying this but not sure what it is like. The Set/Sol was a 2 step and now this is a one step.

I use it and found that it was pretty strong stuff, stronger then the Micro series. It's brilliant though so don't get me wrong. It'll soften Hasegawa decals easily so use it sparingly and don't flood the panel lines to much. I did find it left residue marks though they didn't shop up under a gloss sealing coat. Tried window cleaner, micro series and soapy water, no luck. Could've been me but as above they dissapeared.

Employed it first when decalling my Trumpy 1/72 P-40B on three different decals makers; Academy (US ARMY underwing decal - brilliant/super thin look), Hasegawa (insignia - softened & wrinkled, handle with care as can damage. use rolling motion with cotton bud - albeit I flooded those ones...so yea :whistle: ) and Trumpeter (stencils - no issue). I recommend it, especially for the read stiff decals like Academy.