Looking for the resin guns for Starfury

23 01 10

Hi guys,

I live in Ireland and one of our channel here is re-running Babylon 5, 5 nights a week. We just had the episode were Sheridan declares Babylon5 independant from Earth Alliance and Delenn has that wonderful line near the end...

Anyways, I have one of the Revell/Monogram Starfury kits...the one with the pin and cert. I am going ot build this. But have heard that there are issues with the guns. I know Starhip Modeller had repalcements for these but htey are out of stock and may be so forever.

Does anyone out there have a set of them thay could sell on to me and is there anything else out there for this kit that might spruce it up a bit?

Thanks in advance,

Liam

23 01 10

Hi guys,

I live in Ireland and one of our channel here is re-running Babylon 5, 5 nights a week. We just had the episode were Sheridan declares Babylon5 independant from Earth Alliance and Delenn has that wonderful line near the end...

Anyways, I have one of the Revell/Monogram Starfury kits...the one with the pin and cert. I am going ot build this. But have heard that there are issues with the guns. I know Starhip Modeller had repalcements for these but htey are out of stock and may be so forever.

Does anyone out there have a set of them thay could sell on to me and is there anything else out there for this kit that might spruce it up a bit?

Thanks in advance,

Liam

Liam--

John will usually reorder once he has a few hits for them. PM or email him, to find out the status.

I highly recommend joining us over at StarshipModler.com, and becoming one of us...one of us...one of us... ;)

Edited by Lord Darth Beavis
  • 2 weeks later...

You can go the resin gun route if you want to...

But for a cheaper alternative...go to a toy store or see if a younger relative will lett you have some lego parts.

Look for the little cylinders, they are usually yellow...for all intents and purposes they look like little garbage cans to me, or oil drums.

They honestly work quite well for starfury guns.

Hope this helps.

Yeehah1, the book is "How to Build Sci-Fi Model Spacecraft" by Richard Marmo, a Speciality Press book.

He said:

"Rebuilding the guns really isn't that difficult. I used 0.125, 0.155 & 0.19-inch dia (sleeving brass) tubing. Measure the length of the (kit) guns and add 0.125" to allow for seating into the hole you'll be drilling. (Then cut-off the barrels from the kit guns). A length of 0.125" tube will be the actual barrel. A length of the 0.19" tube is the steped-up section, with the 0.155 acting as the invisible spacer. The front edge of the 0.155/0.19" step-up is Superglued 0.05" back from the front edge of the barrel. Finally, the barel is superglued into the block of the kit-guns." x 3 because there are three guns (personally, I'd build all four in parallel).

Extract inbound. George, out..........................