DSC_0026_zps7002325b.jpg

1_zps5d1b9993.jpg

2_zps2b327ae2.jpg

DSC_0020_zps9620e217.jpg

3_zpsaeac3e6d.jpg

DSC_0013_zps32b5a6da.jpg

DSC_0033_zps4e15b27a.jpg

DSC_00296_zps4282618f.jpg

These and many more pics are on the Display Case part of the forum.

:cheers:/>/>/>/>/>

Marcel

PS not sure why some of these appear grainy when uploaded to Photobucket, the originals are perfectly crisp?

Edited by Marcel111

PS not sure why some of these appear grainy when uploaded to Photobucket, the originals are perfectly crisp?

As mentioned in the Display Case- Outstanding Work! :thumbsup:/>

The reason for the graininess is that the new photobucket defaults to 1024 pixels across, unless you specify "original" for size when you post them. If you use "original", ARC, in turn, rejects that specification, so you are stuck with the 1024 pixels, which are no doubt shrunk a bit from what you uploaded to photobucket.

In the old photobucket, it would display whatever you uploaded, regardless of size. ARC would then shrink it to a maximum of 1280 pixels across, which is 25% bigger than what we're stuck with today. BOTH photobucket and ARC are at fault. Photobucket should let you display more than 1024 across without using the word "original" and ARC should accept the word "original", because it shrinks the pic anyway.

The new Photobucket and ARC are now fighting each other, so our pics are caught in the middle.

Edited by chuck540z3
As mentioned in the Display Case- Outstanding Work! />

Thanks Chuck!

The reason for the graininess is that the new photobucket defaults to 1024 pixels across, unless you specify "original" for size when you post them. If you use "original", ARC, in turn, rejects that specification, so you are stuck with the 1024 pixels, which are no doubt shrunk a bit from what you uploaded to photobucket.

In the old photobucket, it would display whatever you uploaded, regardless of size. ARC would then shrink it to a maximum of 1280 pixels across, which is 25% bigger than what we're stuck with today. BOTH photobucket and ARC are at fault. Photobucket should let you display more than 1024 across without using the word "original" and ARC should accept the word "original", because it shrinks the pic anyway.

The new Photobucket and ARC are now fighting each other, so our pics are caught in the middle.

Somewhat disappointing considering the effort that we take to create good pics.

I have now just shrunk my pics down to a fairly small size to be sure that ARC or Photobucket don't shrink them, just loaded up a bunch of Hornet pics to the Display Case and even though they are a lot smaller than I'd like them to be, at least they don't look grainy and out of focus. The most irritating part of the whole thing is that whatever software is being used turns the overall quality of the pics to rubbish instead of scaling them down nicely.

And now back to the Enhanced Paveways of my Typhoon, the painting of those things are increasing my gray hair count.

:cheers:

Marcel

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Impressive splintered flanker!

As for pictures size i shrink them to 1024 before uploading them to photobucket. In that manner, they are not alterated by upload/compress process.