EC-135 TAIL CORRECTION

I did another walk around at Airlift NorthWest yesterday.

One of the things I wanted to measure is the tail fin height. From the curved edge to the top of the fin forward of the beacon is 45 inches. This works out to be 16 mm in 1/72 scale or 35.7 mm in 1/32. I don't have the 1/32 scale kit as of yet. I'm guessing that it's off just like the small kit.

Tim

TAILCORRECTION.jpg

Edited by Tim Bradley

Yes Tim, that tailfin height is incorrect on the Revell kit from memory. I am at work right now so cant check.

Revell did a special re-release the kit in the blue & white "Polis" version. There were a number of corrections included like a new Fenestron etc in a new sprue. Cant recall though if that issue was addressed.

Luckymodel still have them listed. It is not one you often see advertised, but it is the one to get.

Cheers

Anthony

I did another walk around at Airlift NorthWest yesterday.

One of the things I wanted to measure is the tail fin height. From the curved edge to the top of the fin forward of the beacon is 45 inches. This works out to be 16 mm in 1/72 scale or 35.7 mm in 1/32. I don't have the 1/32 scale kit as of yet. I'm guessing that it's off just like the small kit.

Tim

TAILCORRECTION.jpg

Tim,

I just looked at the 1/32 ADAC version of the Revell EC-135 kit. I never realized that the top of the fenestron was off. I did know that the bottom tail fin needs to be modified, as the one in this particular version is very small. As you can see from the photo below, it appears that the upward slope of the top of the fenestron tail fin on the ADAC kit is correct. When I saw your photo, I thought that the kit was incorrect. Our ship is a P2, but I believe that that refers to the Pratt and Whitney engines, not the airframe configuration. Our ship also has the mechanical components(cool way of saying I don't know the technical name of these parts) has a shroud that encloses them on the fenestron tail rotor. I am told by our mechanics that this feature is required for IFR configured EC-135's.

DSC03172.jpg

For anyone interested, here is a link to an abbreviated walk-around of our aircraft that I did about two years ago.

http://s176.photobucket.com/albums/w171/ho...erno1/JeffSTAT/

For those who haven't seen the 135's, you may find an EC-145 kit helpful for some of the seats and other medical components. At least that was my experience in looking to replicate the above aircraft which features a Metro Avaition interior. Hope this may be helpful. Can't wait to start seeing everyone's progress.

David

Anthony,

Does the police version kit have the medical equipment with it or did they delete it?

David,

Thanks for the link to you shots. I haven't heard back from you on if you can send me a paint chip of the model paint? I have the hospital logo done now.

Tim