Guys.

What were the common loadouts with VF-111 cats?

So long i only know of 3 AIM-7, 2 AIM-54 ,and 2 AIM-9's plus the fuel tanks.

VF-111 flew until 1995.. did it ever carry air to ground munition like dumb bombs for instance?

Thanks for your help.

Edited by Lock n' Load
Guys.

What were the common loadouts with VF-111 cats?

So long i only know of 3 AIM-7, 2 AIM-54 ,and 2 AIM-9's plus the fuel tanks.

VF-111 flew until 1995.. did it ever carry air to ground munition like dumb bombs for instance?

Thanks for your help.

I have a picture somewhere of 4xAIM-9's and at least 2xAIM-7's (I can only see the front Sparrows). If I can find it, I'll post it.

Edited by muswp1

I don't think I've ever seen a pic of VF-111 with Pheonix missiles, but that doesn't mean it didn't happen.

I'm doing one from the 1985 time-frame myself right now and am interested in additional feedback on this.

Dual Sidewinder setup and AIM-7s ...

>>> Clicky <<<

What's with the 'NG' tailcode on the CAG bird though, a cross decking incident ?

AIM-54 pallets attached ...

>>> Clicky <<<

Another with AIM-54 pallets attached ...

>>> Clicky <<<

All links lead to M.A.T.S. photos ...

Gregg

VF-111 was cleared for bombs just like every other squadron. I think they got their clearance Dec 92 or Feb 93. Flew last cruises with bombs all the time and dropped a number of them in OSW missions.

The flew Phoenix just like every other squadron when the ATO called for it.

Tumor shot a live launch (training) that was a popular published picture.

-brian

Dual Sidewinder setup and AIM-7s ...

>>> Clicky <<<

What's with the 'NG' tailcode on the CAG bird though, a cross decking incident ?

AIM-54 pallets attached ...

>>> Clicky <<<

Another with AIM-54 pallets attached ...

>>> Clicky <<<

All links lead to M.A.T.S. photos ...

Gregg

VF-111 and VF-51 carried in those days different codes like NG and NE , to make it a bit more difficult to identify the squadrons by the Russian spy trawlers ..... :whistle: HTH Henk

Edited by sundowner
I don't think I've ever seen a pic of VF-111 with Pheonix missiles, but that doesn't mean it didn't happen.

I'm doing one from the 1985 time-frame myself right now and am interested in additional feedback on this.

Hi Toadwbg ,

Can you tell me what paintjob ,you are going to do ?? for a VF-111 Tomcat of 1985 , maybe I can help you !?

Cheers , Henk

VF-111 was cleared for the full MK series - 82, 83, 84, CBU-99 Rockeyes/APAM/cluster munitions. And at some point during workups and cruise probably carried them all.

TERs are only used for 'blue death' 25lb training bomb and TALDS. Don't know if they shot TALDS during their 3 day combat ops...

Saw Fuji hooked up the Tumor shot!

-brian

VF-111 and VF-51 carried in those days different codes like NG and NE , to make it a bit more difficult to identify the squadrons by the Russian spy trawlers ..... :monkeydance: HTH Henk

That's interesting, thanks Henk ... :whistle:

Gregg

Hi Toadwbg ,

Can you tell me what paintjob ,you are going to do ?? for a VF-111 Tomcat of 1985 , maybe I can help you !?

Cheers , Henk

Yeah! I'll take the help. Thanks . I'm doing Modex 200 from 1985. It's from the CAMdecal sheet 32-085 Tomcat Alley.