Russian Knight

on the last picture, even that little bit of paint bleed on some of the thin red stripes makes this look sooooo realistic.

that's not even worth pointing out, this looks awesome!!

Thats actually a vent, which will be washed when I do the panel lines - similar case with the gun vents on the starboard lerx :woot.gif:

Thats actually a vent, which will be washed when I do the panel lines - similar case with the gun vents on the starboard lerx :thumbsup:

Ah ok, hahaha, for a moment there I actually thought paint bled under the tape :cheers:

Can't wait to see this one done.

Edited by Schwarze 1 - The Vulture
If you say it looks spot on, I'm happy :D

Cheers Ken - 25 Blue is the airframe I'm looking to replicate, so there'll be some weathering involved :lol:

John

John,

Some nice photos of bort 25 practicing for the May Day flypast over on Military Photos......

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showt...sis%29/page2148

Scroll down to post #32213 (about halfway down).

Good luck with all those flags :crying2:

HTH

Ken

John,

Some nice photos of bort 25 practicing for the May Day flypast over on Military Photos......

http://www.militaryphotos.net/forums/showt...sis%29/page2148

Scroll down to post #32213 (about halfway down).

Good luck with all those flags :woot.gif:

HTH

Ken

Cooor you're not wrong ! Some of those shots are fantastic ! The close up showing the paint chipping and coaming details are a godsend.

Nice find Ken, thanks :)

Managed to grab a few hours over t he last couple of days to do the vertical stabilisers. 1st attempt didn't go well, I used the very nice Begemot vinyl masks supplied with the decals, but made a pigs-ear of the paint job with lots of bleed under the masking - so it was all sanded back - this time using Tamiya tape, a compass cutter and good old fashioned dead-reckoning :doh:

tail1.jpg

tail2.jpg

Edited by Skii

Looking beautiful!

I would like to do one some day, but I think mixing the right shades would drive me nuts. Not to mention getting everything as smooth as possible with a paint brush. Those colours probably aren't found from the Tamiya spray paint line...

• 2 weeks later...