1:35 G518 1Ton "BenHur" trailer - Wheel type

Hi guys,

I am about to start a scratchbuild of a G518 1ton "Ben Hur" Trailer and i am about to find a resin or any other kind of wheels for it in 1/35. I've been searching for a last few days a vehicle or anything that had the same wheels so i can find that kit in 1/35 or even better yet, to find a resin wheels. If anyone can help and identify the wheels and point to a vehicle that uses the same type it would helm me a lot. I know that there is resin BenHur in 1:35 but its not very well done and i would really like to do it on my own.

Thanks

11111a.jpg

11111b.jpg

111111.jpg

I recognise that picture! I took it at the National Railway Museum at Shildon on their Military weekend, and the GMC belongs to a friend of mine. The picture is from the Durham Tees Valley Military Vehicle Trust website where I'm the semi-official photographer. I get around quite a few MV events, so if anyone is looking for pictures of a vehicle, I may have some. I have a website with a good selection of MV pictures from the last 5 years here - Steve's MV Pictures

Back to the wheels, I don't know 100% for sure, but I would have thought they would be the same wheels as the GMC, purely for practical reasons of production and maintenance. Commonality of components was important for keeping vehicles on the road during the war and to ease supply lines.

@HeavyArty thanks mate, useful photo for sure and it clearly confirms my suspicions. thanks again.

@Army_Air_Force you really have some lovely photos on that website :-)

Now on the wheels... i've finished my research and the scratchbulding is on its way already :-) trailer wheels are, in fact, the same as on GMC truck (8.25-20) that is, rim is the same but the tire is 1.5" smaller (7.5-20) and that gives me difference of 1mm in 1/35 scale, not a problem to fix at all!!!

Many thanks guys,

Alek

US%20Tires.jpg