Anyone ever order direct from Eduard? Just wondering how long the order takes and if it is worth it. I live in Canada and none of my LHS carry or will order in Eduard PE and masks. And Squadron and other places on line in the U.S. are always out of stock of what I need.

I think it's changed recently, but their minimum postal charge used to be incredibly outrageous (like US $30 for one PE set IIRC). I seem to recall seeing on their site that their postage charges have been revised, but I don't know which direction.

Interestingly, I was searching for an OOP Eduard set and found exactly one for sale via an online retailer in the UK. The set was £7.95, and Parcel Farce wanted to charge £15 for postage to the US. I can have them send it to a friend in the UK for £3.50 and he can forward it on (in a regular envelope) to me for another £1 or so. Seems to me I'm in the wrong business...

J

Might be one of these things where they want you to wait and put in a big order. I plan on ordering over $200.00 worth of product, so I don't mind paying $30 shipping on top of that. It is worth it for me because I can't find it in stock in any local store and Sprue Brothers and other sites are out of stock off alot of what I want.

I have ordered from the UK a couple of times. They used to do free postage if you ordered over a certain amount, so I had to force myself :whistle:

Never had any problems with then, well packed and fairly quick.

Only problem I had was back when they joined the EU in 2004 customs still wanted to charge me VAT etc on the parcel untill I pointed out it was intra EU!

Julien

I just created an order on Eduard's site to see what the shipping charges would be to Canada where I live and it states orders over $150.00 (PE and Masks only) FREE SHIPPING. Wow! Now I know I may get dinged by Border/Customs but that is not bad.