Medevac Helicopter

You are right, not a very exciting colour scheme........................................but a very very cool helicopter!!!!

Thank you very much for taking the time to snap them and upload them.

The interesting thing is how some of the subtle lines really show up on a scheme like this. Notice the pointy/raised contour around the nose centreline. This runs from the windscreen vertically down around the nose to about the forward skid attach line (does that make sense???). You can also see the ribbed type lines on the vert stabs (or end plates as the engineers call them).

Interesting to see, thanks very much!

Cheers

Anthony

• 1 month later...

-nice,

I have some photos of Brisbane's AGL helo like this - I will Try to up load them tomorrow.

BTW - What is it ? (Maifacture/type)

Here's one from Brisbane - on top of the Royal Brisbane Hospital

(sorry - only a phone camera, and I wasn't ment to be there anyway)

medivacport.jpg

medivacrear.jpg

medivacsbd14.jpg

medivacsbddoor.jpg

medivac.jpg

-nice,

I have some photos of Brisbane's AGL helo like this - I will Try to up load them tomorrow.

BTW - What is it ? (Maifacture/type)

Nice photos of the Brisbane chopper.

The choppers are BK-117's by Eurocopter. Originally developed by MBB of Germany and Kawasaki of Japan. MBB was bought by Daimler Benz and then became part of Eurocopter.

• 6 months later...
Here's one from Brisbane - on top of the Royal Brisbane Hospital

(sorry - only a phone camera, and I wasn't ment to be there anyway)

I've seen this bird flying around quite a bit lately... saw it go over about an hour ago as well!

Tom

• 2 months later...

N117M used to belong to Med Flight of Ohio. Clearly being used as an Omni Flight Helicopters backup ship. I beleive Med Flight is using one BK-117 now (#5). The remaining fleet are EC-135s and a couple 350 Astars.

Here's a model I did as Med Flight #5

omf5f-vi.jpg

omf5g-vi.jpg

MF5n3c-vi.jpg

N117MH is the old Methodist Hospitals Life Line BK from Indianaplois, IN. Sweet paint job!

Cheers

John

Edited by AirMedical
  • 2 years later...

UC, ew... I should have taken pics of the Miami Valley Hospitals' medflight. They flew the SA365N's so you could always hear the high pitched whine of the fenestron. There were a few times EC-145s would fly to the hospital, too.

Take care,

Austin