Star Trek's "USS Enterprise"

All,

Well after a couple of weekends when the paint flowed just perfect and the decals went on like a dream. Here are a few of my in-progress shots.

Enterprise Photo #1

Enterprise Photo #2

Enterprise Photo #3

Enterprise Photo #4

I am using the old AMT/Ertl 18" model of the starship and an old aftermarket set of Webgames decals. Questions/comments/critisims are always welcome. Thanks for looking!

Best Regards,

Ken Bailey

(SonyKen)

Edited by SonyKen
  • 2 weeks later...

Crowe,

I used the paint formula that this guy used while painting his scout/destroyer in this review of the Thomas Models resin kit from Starship Modeler:

Starship Modeler Review of Scout/Destroyer resin kit from Thomas Models

I didn't mix up enough paint for all the components when I first experimented with it and I am having trouble matching the paint from the first paint shoot. I sprayed the secondary hull and it turned out perfect to be able to see the white decal windows. But later batches of mixed paint are turning out darker than the first. I am going with one of the shoots for the primary hull and I am still experimenting to get the warp units a closer color. That is why the warp units are un-painted in the pictures above. I am trying to get the warp units a little closer to the secondary hull.

Bullitt,

Yes, sir I did. They give a nice effect but if they were scaled up to full scale they would be feet tall on the one to one scale. So I got rid of them. I did the sanding off long before Round 2 came up with the idea of sanding them out of the original molds.

Thanks for the compliments! I may have a chance to work on it this weekend and if I do I will add some new pictures.

Best Regards,

Ken Bailey

(SonyKen)

Edited by SonyKen