Heinkel 111 h-6 cockpit

I bought a rare monogram 1/48th scale Heinkel 111 h-6 and after looking at the cockpit I must say that I am a bit intimidated by it. Does anyone have any experience with this kit or any prior knowledge on shielding it or finishing it? I would also like to know where I could get model crew members for it and if there are any after-market resin mods that might be useful. I would also like to know where the best place to purchase 1/48th scale swastika decals as well.

-Tree

Edited by Treewizard648

True, while most of the early WW2 aircraft were designed and in many cases in service before the start of WW2, most people associate them with their wartime service. You are more likely to find people who have built this kit or are knowledgeable about the He111 in that props section of the forum.

I have this kit in the stash and it I picked up a whoel bunch of Eduard PE for it including bomb bay, cockpit etc. The book "German Aircraft Cockpits

1911-1970" by Peter W. Cohausz has several pages if cockpit pic. There is also an Aero-Detail book (forget the number). The Merrick book oddly doesn't

cover the 111 though.

:cheers:

chukw: That's impressive! Wish mine looked half that good!

Treewizard: Are you talking about masking off all the little windows?

When I built mine, many years ago when that kit first came out, I

spent days cutting tiny bits of masking tape. Nowadays, Eduard

probably makes a pre-cut mask for the same purpose. I wish they

had that when I built mine!

Check for the Eduard product, and the decals at your favorite hobby

supplier or try http://www.spruebrothers.com

Hope that helps...

:cheers:

- Patrick

Edited by Kalashnikov-47
Here's mine- He111 H-10

:jaw-dropping:

That is the finest He 111 model I have seen! I would also like to know how you achieved that paint job and what paints you used. I want to get similar results from my kit however the windows will be closed because I want to mount it on a flying base and put electric motors to make the props spin, do you think this can be done Chuck? And thanks Patrick for the link, I will be buying mods from them as I see fit, but do they sell crew figures too?

-Alex