1/32 A-7E VA-46 Desert Storm

More pics in progress A-7 E build on GB

Reason for posting this forum: Advice on Sidewinder rails, Trumpy ones are way off the mark, book I hold suggests LAU/7 rails. Surely that is also incorrect, doesn't the cooling gsa for missile reside in rail (or was that earlier 1960 generation 'winders?). Any references or does the hasagaw 1/48th kit have the right shape? If so I'll scratch build up from them.

IMG_2933.jpg

Edited by FIGHTS ON
More pics in progress A-7 E build on GB

Reason for posting this forum: Advice on Sidewinder rails, Trumpy ones are way off the mark, book I hold suggests LAU/7 rails. Surely that is also incorrect, doesn't the cooling gsa for missile reside in rail (or was that earlier 1960 generation 'winders?). Any references or does the hasagaw 1/48th kit have the right shape? If so I'll scratch build up from them.

IMG_2933.jpg

Can't help you with 'Winder rail info but your Sluff looks very nice!

Marcel

Thank-you. I'll scale up one using plasticard.

My mistake, I didn't realize you where doing 1/32 scale, I just looked at the question.

Not sure if your reply was sarcasm or if you are actually going to do that, which one was it?

Reddog

My mistake, I didn't realize you where doing 1/32 scale, I just looked at the question.

Not sure if your reply was sarcasm or if you are actually going to do that, which one was it?

Reddog

No, genuine "thanks" - despite looking thru' all the photo references I had, none showed the missile rail well. Your reply reminded me that I have a 1/48th hasegawa A-7 in the stash - but I was too 'bone' to think about copying that!

I also got myself confused with "LAU-7" thinking that was a "zuni" style rocket, not realising that it was a specific AIM-9 launch rail.

having now grabbed my 1/48 rail from the Hasagawa kit, scaling up a copy for 1/32 sholdn't be too difficult........'twas a great suggestion on your part, thank-you. :rolleyes: