1/48 Idolmaster F-14D

Hi guys n girls, im sharing with you my build of the idolmaster f-14.

I am using the decals from the hasegawa kit, but i am using a previously built academy 1/48 f-14D conversion.

I put alot of work into this f-14 in the build. I corrected the infamous academy big fat nose by putting a revell f-14 nosecone on there and sanding the rest down to match the profile, lots of putty and sanding. Its the black knights kit, so it comes with alot of f-14Disms out of the box. the rear fuselage is modified with styrene.

Then this thing sat in the spare room for probably a year without any paint, waiting for some inspiration.

I wont waste a Hasegawa kit on something that may or may not work, so out came this academy tomcat. The decals are awesome to see. Artwrok is awesome, Plus, she's my type :-) so i move to complete it.

I dont recommend doing the scheme to anyone, its like choosing torture. Im going insane, decal upon decal upon decal, up to 4 layers thick, theres two massive sheets with probably 400 or 500 decals. only 10% are already on the kit. im glad i chose to use this academy kit, as no panel lines will be seen after this, and we all know what academy panel lines are like, they might as well not be there.

It is a very good challenge though. A good excuse to paint an f-14 purple, put a babe on it, with lots of flowers and tea kettles (?)

has51970.jpg

P1010446.jpg

benjo

Hello guys n girls!

Some progress, probably 70% of decals done now.

Lots of paint touch ups will have to be done, and a wash through the panel lines too, and abit of weathering. Still so far to go!

P1010449.jpg

P1010451.jpg

P1010450.jpg

Benjo

Edited by benjo
OH GAWD!!!

IS THAT THE REVERED TOMCAT!!!! NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Blesphamy indeed!

but good job nonetheless! :worship:

Are the wheels gonna be PINK?

LOL dude, I am not kidding, with about 10 tomcats in my collection built, probably another 5 in stages of construction and probably 25 in the stash, i can afford to let a few slide towards the crazy side. Oh yeah and also include the three remote control ones that i have, electric ducted fans (they honk too!)

Think of it this way, better than using the hasegawa kit that it comes with to do this project... eh? Nah, wheels are normal, and i am going to arm it to the teeth too. I think it would be awesome.

LOL dude, I am not kidding, with about 10 tomcats in my collection built, probably another 5 in stages of construction and probably 25 in the stash, i can afford to let a few slide towards the crazy side. Oh yeah and also include the three remote control ones that i have, electric ducted fans (they honk too!)

Think of it this way, better than using the hasegawa kit that it comes with to do this project... eh? Nah, wheels are normal, and i am going to arm it to the teeth too. I think it would be awesome.

What was the reason hasegawa released an f-14 in this markings?

its quite an expensive kit i reckon?

so if u dun do this scheme i am sure its the same base kit as all the other hase f-14s?

anyway great work keep it up! the decals though fat looks nice!

What was the reason hasegawa released an f-14 in this markings?

its quite an expensive kit i reckon?

so if u dun do this scheme i am sure its the same base kit as all the other hase f-14s?

anyway great work keep it up! the decals though fat looks nice!

Yeah it cost me $100 aussie to get it here.

I dont know why hasegawa released this, but its from the Xbox 360, ACE COMBAT 6, its a downloadable aircraft.

luckily all these decals fit on the academy kit nicely, odviously some need trimming, i dont know what academy have done different but if the decals are anything to go by the academy f-14 must be shorter there is something strange about the rear fuselage like its too short from the wings back, but i have no idea how its hard to pick, but the decal of the girl on the back it too big at the legs because of the academy phenomenon.

I figured i would safe the haseagawa kit for a real project, and yes, its the full F-14D kit, if you were wondering.

benjo

Yeah it cost me $100 aussie to get it here.

I dont know why hasegawa released this, but its from the Xbox 360, ACE COMBAT 6, its a downloadable aircraft.

luckily all these decals fit on the academy kit nicely, odviously some need trimming, i dont know what academy have done different but if the decals are anything to go by the academy f-14 must be shorter there is something strange about the rear fuselage like its too short from the wings back, but i have no idea how its hard to pick, but the decal of the girl on the back it too big at the legs because of the academy phenomenon.

I figured i would safe the haseagawa kit for a real project, and yes, its the full F-14D kit, if you were wondering.

benjo

100AUD is really expensive!!!!

but at least u got a full kit!

WOW! That is soooooooooooooo awesome. I really like the comment Aigore made about it being a "Shecat"! Just AWEOME!!!! Where did you order it from? If you dont mind me asking!

I was hoping to see someone build the IDOLMASTER series here. I'm trying to get my hands on the 1/72 Mitsubishi F-2A Idolmaster kit but it seems to be sold out everywhere :(

Brilliant work on your F-14D. I love it! Are you going to build the blue F-15E & the gold F-2A too?

For those who want to know more, watch this:

Ace Combat 6 Mission 02 Vitoze F-14D Idolm@ster

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I8wik5Cne6k...feature=related

Excellent graphics on this one:

Ace Combat 6 Missions Scenes F-16C and F-2A Idolmaster

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lojxhIEuRWU

F-15E:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjANoTfxTB8...feature=related

Edited by JackMan

i think i will get the f-15 as well. they are expensive kits. and the decals are very delicate you have to be careful with them.

I got it from hobby collective, they have all kinds of weird stuff.

I will be doing more owrk to it tonight, pics as soon as i can.

benjo

Thats nice work benjo! I gather you are an Ace Combat fan?

Just FYI, if anyone wants to build a Idolmaster F-16 in 1/72, one of the Jap magazines (Model Graphix) had a free decal sheet that came with the mag. I plan to get an F16 one day to use the decals... :thumbsup:

Just FYI, if anyone wants to build a Idolmaster F-16 in 1/72, one of the Jap magazines (Model Graphix) had a free decal sheet that came with the mag. I plan to get an F16 one day to use the decals... :)

Woot! Thanks for that info! I didn't know that. After reading your post, I just found the magazine on HLJ & put in an order. I believe Hasegawa will be releasing the 1/48 version of it. But I'm a 1/72 scaler & am glad I managed to order the magazine instead (so much cheaper than the kit + decals.....Hase always jacks up their prices for these limited edition kits <_< )

I've also pre-ordered the 1/72 F-15E & F-14. Like benjo, I will most likely use the cheaper Academy kits & save the Hase ones for "serious" decal markings. Might even use the Kitech F-14A or the Italeri F-14 Bombcat for it. Don't care about the Tomcat variant ( ie F-14A or F-14B when it should rightfully be a D ).

My plan is to build these & display it in my home so that the womenfolk will be so enamored by them that they will stop complaining about the rest of my model stash.....tee hee....so devious ^_^

Now to find that 1/72 Idolmaster Mitsubishi F-2A. I kick myself for not ordering it sooner. It's sold out everywhere! :thumbsup:

Woot! Thanks for that info! I didn't know that. After reading your post, I just found the magazine on HLJ & put in an order. I believe Hasegawa will be releasing the 1/48 version of it. But I'm a 1/72 scaler & am glad I managed to order the magazine instead (so much cheaper than the kit + decals.....Hase always jacks up their prices for these limited edition kits <_< )

I've also pre-ordered the 1/72 F-15E & F-14. Like benjo, I will most likely use the cheaper Academy kits & save the Hase ones for "serious" decal markings. Might even use the Kitech F-14A or the Italeri F-14 Bombcat for it. Don't care about the Tomcat variant ( ie F-14A or F-14B when it should rightfully be a D ).

My plan is to build these & display it in my home so that the womenfolk will be so enamored by them that they will stop complaining about the rest of my model stash.....tee hee....so devious ^_^

Now to find that 1/72 Idolmaster Mitsubishi F-2A. I kick myself for not ordering it sooner. It's sold out everywhere! :thumbsup:

good luck! i looked closely at the decals, there hundreds of tiny little stars that you have to place all over the model... not sure if i have the patience for it LOL

:) Azusa Miura...!!! Yet another hot sheila from Japan! :rofl: Incidentally, benjo; me thought this lass was endowed with much larger "bumpers" than just those in the decals... bummer... :(

Azusa_Miura_by_maria111.jpg

Ya see...? Anyways, perhaps larger jugs would have taken too much space on the Tomcat? Very nice decals and paint scheme for a change. :)

Oh, needless to say I'm sticking up with the Major every step of the way.

I was wondering if someone would build this scheme ...

Well? Gregg, I was actually wondering whether or not there'd be any decals depicting Major Motoko Kusanagi's bums, just like in the picture ya kindly sent me. ;)

Looks great so far! :thumbsup:

Interesting to see they'll come out with a couple more 1/72 kits in the Idolmaster series. Bought the 1/72 F-2A on a whim, but could see me getting the F-14D as well. I think I'll skip some of the decals by making masks and spraying the paint instead.