'Giant 8573' arriving

Gents,

It's been a while since I posted any pics, so I thought I'd put up this lovely old bird I caught at Mildenhall yesterday. Not one of my normal subjects, but the light - for once - was lovely. I did some checking and this old 200 series first flew in 1980.

IMG_1850-1.jpg

IMG_8187.jpg

IMG_8194-2.jpg

Gary

Great pictures of the 747 Classic. I never get tired of seeing these planes airborne. The passenger versions of the classics are pretty much gone and the -400's are disappearing fast. It just isn't the same seeing a 777 /A330 overhead.

Thanks for posting.

John

Beautiful photos, Gary ... Thanks for sharing them ...

John, hopefully soon, we'll be seeing quite a few 747-8i's in the air ...

Gregg

Hope we do see a bunch of them but the passenger version isn't exactly setting sales records.

However, my guess is that Boeing is primarily after the freight market with the -8 (and seems to be suceeding since shortly after the freight version was announced, Airbus pulled the plug on the cargo version of the A380).

IMHO, the 747 is the best looking airliner out there.

John

Wow, that brings back memories. I did part of my IOE as an F.O. on that jet: LUX to AMS (it's amazing the acceleration and climb an empty 747 has), plus several other flights. CDG to BKK, HKG to CMB (where the NOTAMs said that the rebels were looking to shoot down an aircraft), CMB to DXB, DXB to MST, and MST to DXB. Thanks for posting.

Regards,

Murph