• 3 weeks later...

OK, here is my first.

There is better builds out there I admit. But I am happy with the way it turned out.

1/48 Tamiya Lancaster, Tall boy edition I got in a trade some years ago. The bomb bay came from a ARCer in England who was very kind to offer me his unneeded parts.

The decals are of course from Leading Edge, the engines are resin replacements from Belcher Bits. A major improvement over the kit engines.

DSC_0161-2.jpg

DSC_0163.jpg

DSC_0166-2.jpg

Great looking Lancaster , phantom . I really like the color scheme of grey , bare metal and white ; nice airbrushing of all three colors . Another thing I noticed is that the Canadian's seem to have the good sense to place their maple leaf insignia's well away from the fluro orange outer wing panels . this makes decaling a model much easier than the American's whom seem to prefer placing their Star's and Bar's half way over orange or red outer wing panels , the color always shows through the white area on the US insignia.

I sure do like the decal markings on your Lancaster .

John .

"Always" A-26 Fire Bomber complete. Kind of dissappointed, cloudy all weekend so I couldn't get the pics I wanted. Hopefully I can edit them in here tomorrow in the sun with a nice background. Check it out.

t0f72anzi3agtz16scjt.jpg

hq2qy6wi3urkp000cgzo.jpg

cnajgo9sntxnzisij3v6.jpg

b5k0zkd30v33vvm2dy5l.jpg

"Always" A-26 Fire Bomber complete. Kind of dissappointed, cloudy all weekend so I couldn't get the pics I wanted. Hopefully I can edit them in here tomorrow in the sun with a nice background. Check it out.

She looks good bud, nice job :tumble:

Pete St. Pete!

Nice build, one of my fave movies! particularily the beginning when they scoop the lake, with the two fishermen in the boat...

(Know it is the Catalina/canso but whatever...)

Cheers

H.

Really nice , winnie

I have added two 1/72 scale CH-118's to my workbench alongside the CH-113 and the HO4S-3 , I hope my Huey's can turn out as good as your build ; I copied your pic's into the computer for reference .

I sure do like your CH-118 .

John.

• 2 weeks later...

As one of my friends used to call them, he's by the way a very experienced pilot who amongst other machines have flown the canadian equivalent, the Voyageur.

SO the kit:

Academy HH-46 D, Kit decals, Eduard Zoom interior.

Some flaws, the Mr. Solution and Mr. Setter were too strong and left CRATERS under the decals, much to my chagrin, and the decals did not want to "snuggle" properly. On the other hand, if you disregard those little things, and the fact that the APU exhaust is still in the tweezers on my workbench, it did not turn out half bad.

I chose to do the exhaust mostly black this time, but miiiiiight be convinced to change it at a later stage.

Colors used: Orange, mix of red and orange from Vallejo

Gray (16061) from Gunze Aqueous acryllics

black also gunze.

Weathering: Mig Pigments wash (dark) and closs/flat coats by Testors acryllics.

Cheers and be gentle, but constructive criticism is welcome (promise I won't cry)

H.

IMG_4052.jpg

IMG_4056.jpg

IMG_4057.jpg

IMG_4061.jpg

IMG_4062.jpg

Together with his friend the Labrador on the shelf!

IMG_4063.jpg

As one of my friends used to call them, he's by the way a very experienced pilot who amongst other machines have flown the canadian equivalent, the Voyageur.

SO the kit:

Academy HH-46 D, Kit decals, Eduard Zoom interior.

Some flaws, the Mr. Solution and Mr. Setter were too strong and left CRATERS under the decals, much to my chagrin, and the decals did not want to "snuggle" properly. On the other hand, if you disregard those little things, and the fact that the APU exhaust is still in the tweezers on my workbench, it did not turn out half bad.

I chose to do the exhaust mostly black this time, but miiiiiight be convinced to change it at a later stage.

Colors used: Orange, mix of red and orange from Vallejo

Gray (16061) from Gunze Aqueous acryllics

black also gunze.

Weathering: Mig Pigments wash (dark) and closs/flat coats by Testors acryllics.

Cheers and be gentle, but constructive criticism is welcome (promise I won't cry)

H.

IMG_4052.jpg

IMG_4056.jpg

IMG_4057.jpg

IMG_4061.jpg

IMG_4062.jpg

Together with his friend the Labrador on the shelf!

IMG_4063.jpg

Winnie,

Super job! I especially like the bright colors, and the graphics scheme. Nice work.

David

1/48 Revell Monogram Canso. RCAF 1960, 103 rescue squadron

DSC_0216.jpg

Goes along nice with my 103 sq. Lancaster

DSC_0229.jpg

No one has ever done these markings so I sourced them from spare Leading Edge sheets. The references are from a Patrick Martin RCAF reference book. 11067 is one of the few Cansos that have the same nose as you get in the Monogram release of the PBY. A resin replacement nose does exist but I am reducing the amount of money I spend on this hobby. OOB is what I am trying to go for. Except of course using stuff I all ready have in the stash.

Its a VERY heavy tail sitter. In the hull are two used up model master paint jars and an entire bag of fishing weights in the nose. Its still not enough, a light wind during photography was enough to tip it backwards.

DSC_0217.jpg

DSC_0212.jpg

Edited by phantom
  • 3 weeks later...