Emergency Operations Center

Aaron,

I think that I am going to take a cue from what Winnie said in the general discussion forum, and do the "Number 66" Apollo Rescue Seaking. I plan on using the standard Hasegawa Seaking in 1/48th scale and build it box stock with all the doors shut to keep from distracting from the Steel Beach decals. Also some photo research on the internet of pictures taken of "66" during the Apollo missions, shows that it had the early style sponsons, so I plan on using the Belcher Bits early style sponsons without all of the MAD and ASW gear found in the kit. Thanks for having this group build!

Best Regards,

Ken Baiiley

(SonyKen)

Hi Aaron ;

I plan on building Fujimi's 1/72 KV-107 Helicopter with Hobbycrafts larger sponsons and decals from their CH-113 Labrador kit , finished in RCAF markings .

Also Italeri's 1/72 HO4S-3 [H-19] also finished in canadian markings .

Thanks for having me onboard .

John .

Welcome guys, I guess I really need to figure out what I'm going to build too. :jaw-dropping:

Ken I had not even thought of the recovery helicopters used during the space program, great idea.

John, if you haven't already figured it out looking at the other group builds, when you are ready you just start a thread for your build. You can do a seperate one for each build to keep them seperate if you like.

For sures;

1/48 Tamiya Lancaster with Leading Edge decals and Belcher Bits replacement engines. RCAF Search and rescue 1960, FM-213

1/48 Early CH-113 Labrador. In the Old Red white and blue scheme.

Maybe.......

1/48 Revell Canso, 1960s RCAF markings

1/48 CH-118 in the 70s CAF red and white rescue scheme

Maybe maybe.......

1/48 Revell CC-129 (DC-3) RCAF 1960 rescue.

Edited by phantom
For sures;

1/48 Tamiya Lancaster with Leading Edge decals and Belcher Bits replacement engines. RCAF Search and rescue 1960, FM-213

1/48 Early CH-113 Labrador. In the Old Red white and blue scheme.

Maybe.......

1/48 Revell Canso, 1960s RCAF markings

1/48 CH-118 in the 70s CAF red and white rescue scheme

Maybe maybe.......

1/48 Revell CC-129 (DC-3) RCAF 1960 rescue.

and all completed by next Wednesday :D

Don

Revell 1/72 H-34 Choctaw in German Navy SAR markings (actually Italeri kit), long time since I did a helicopter.

And maybe the 1/48 Revell PBY-5A in Dutch Navy markings.

I will make a 2nd attempt at Minicraft's Customs Blackhawk for this one.

Border patrol + occasional rescue counts, right?

Oh, and if anyone happens to have updated DHS markings for this bird, please, let me know. I'd be very interested in working out an arrangement for these.

Here's a link to the real deal: http://www.richard-seaman.com/Aircraft/Air...tyBlackhawk.jpg

And a quick link to an actual rescue: http://www.customs.gov/xp/CustomsToday/2002/May/duarte.xml

Here's a link to the kit, which man, oh man, will be fun to clean up (Serious flash): http://cdn1.ioffer.com/img/item/121/034/00...UWXLVWKISVV.jpg

- E

Edited by laval66

Here's my plan, cast in Jello, since work and life seem to always interfere with modelling!!

CP140101 the a/c we flew for SAR Ocean Ranger/ SAR Mekanic Tarasov. Ocean Ranger is well known, Mekanic Tarasov was also in the same storm and carrying rolls of newsprint, the load shifted and she was listing badly. When we overflew her the Captain stated he did not need out assistance or another ship vectored to his position, Russian help was on the way. That nite she rolled and sank and only 5 of the 31 crew survived.

CH149???, was thinking of doing the bird that crashed as a sort of memorial to the crew-members who did not survive, I also know one of the pilots flying that day.

We'll see what comes of this.

I am (realistically this time) in with a

• N117CH- Childrens Healthcare of Atlanta BK117
  • 158557- UH-1N "Abandon Chutes" SAR MCAS Yuma

Oh, and if time permits one, two all or none of

• a Pakastani and/or Iranian rescue HH-43 with the Cobra Company interior set
  • N3842- Memorial Medflight EC135 with a Renaissance detail set
  • VH-KHO- Kestrel Aviation BK117 (Little Elvis) with a bunch of scratch built details
  • N773AL- AirLife Denver Bell 407 (converted from a JetRanger)
  • N373TC- Travis County SAR EC145 with Renaissance detail set
  • N190LA- LA County Firehawk... in flight taking on water
  • N453MH- Memorial Hermann Life Flight with yet another Renaissance detail set
  • 166317- MH-60S NAS Whidbey Island SAR

Edited by Remington Box
I will make a 2nd attempt at Minicraft's Customs Blackhawk for this one.

Border patrol + occasional rescue counts, right?

Your good to go on it, They do have EMTs on the Helicopters, Rescue is part of their mission in cases like the Mexican border where there are people traveling through the deserts.

If you decide to build it, then do not finish it, we will confiscate it, thou :tumble:

Edited by Wayne S

Decisions, decisions... Currently, I have four that come readily to mind:

1. 206A-1 - first medevac rotorcraft used by the Delaware State Police.

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Delaware-St...iowa/1320810/M/

2. 206L-4 - Delaware State Police Longranger. This was the first aircraft that I flew in back in 2001.(credits on both DSP photos to Alex McMahon)

http://www.airliners.net/photo/Delaware-St...nger/0615423/L/

3. BO-105 S5 - Original medevac aircraft of the New Jersey State Police, also known as Southstar. This program began back in 1988. I was a paramedic at the hospital where this aircraft was based. Dreamed of someday getting to fly on one of these...

Southstar01.jpg

4. EC-135 - This is the aircraft that I fly on every day at my job. I finally became a flight nurse, and love every(almost) minute of it! I had plans to build a super detailed version of our aircraft. I may just do a simple version first, as time is at a premium right now.

137LN-1.jpg

(Yes, I know, you have seen this photo a thousand times...)

I have all of the kits for the above builds. Logistical planning, modifications, paint matching and decals all will guide the final decision. Thanks to those members offering to assist(you know who you are :worship: ). I have things to mail out to you tomorrow. Thanks. I really look forward to seeing what everyone will be working on, and following their progress.

David

Hello guys !!!

First i have to finish my EC-135 austrian police project !!!

Then i have a UH-72a Lakota in 1:32 in my mind. As basic kit i will use the Revell REGA kit. The build will be out of the box, except the interior styling and some antennas outside of the helicopter. I have allready decals from Renaissance Models.

As my second build i have a BK-117 in mind, used for EMS missions here in Carinthia, callsign is RK-1 ("red cross one"). This build also straight from the box, in this case the Medicopter 117 kit from Revell, also in 1:32.

RK-1.jpg

RK-12.jpg

And if there is any time left, hopefully :-), i will also contribute a AS-350 from the Austrian ministry for the Interior, which was also used for EMS missions here in Carinthia some time ago.

Greetings from Austria

Michael

Edited by BK-117

Wow you get to fly in one beautiful bird hooknladderno1 ...... i would defenatly build the one you fly in its the nicest one in your list .. plus you fly in it !! Who needs a reference book or a hunt for good pictures you probably know every thing and detail already

cheers

Neo

Edited by Neo

Welcome to all the rest of you that have signed up. I am thrilled to see this is actually going somewhere, my past experience with similar builds has been just me and some crickets.

For those of you with big lists to build they are all welcome, and I hope to see them all but remember we are wedged into a smaller block of 4 months (ends May 31). I know some of you will have them all built by the end of the month, but for the rest of us modelling mortals... :blink:

Also if anyone knows of an organization that might donate some swag for a raffle, I'd be glad to entertain the idea. I'm going to try and see if I cant get something from my local medevac chopper to throw in at the end.

Looks like a fun subject. I believe I'll be in with my A-26 fire bomber from the movie "Always". Been looking for a reason to start this plane. Mix of painting and bare metal will make it a big challenge for me. Nice decal sheet though.

Chris

always2.jpg

I might start one soon, but have 3 or 4 on the bench that need some attention first...

The one I'll start will either be the Academy HH-46D, USN, or the SH-3H from the "Griffins" of the SB sheet. OOB with a tad of PE on the HH-46 (Internal only).

Looking forward to throwing some rotors together again too.

Cheers

H.

The A-26 makes a good looking tanker. Winnie I hope you find the time to join in.

I've finally decided on my first project, I'll be doing MPM's Sikorsky R-4 as a USCG HNS-1.

I'm not sure how the RNZAF use their P-3s but it seems like most places they have a secondary search and rescue function, so that should be ok. The fire bomber would also be ok.