Emergency Operations Center

I'm not sure how the RNZAF use their P-3s but it seems like most places they have a secondary search and rescue function, so that should be ok. The fire bomber would also be ok.

Cool, the P-3's and the C-130 to an extent are used in a SAR role.

Thanks

• 1 month later...

Aaron,

After our PM conversation, my second entry into this group build will be a USCG HTL-4 helicopter. The kit I will be using will be an MRC 1/35th scale HTL-4 and will be built box stock except for the Cobra Company resin floats that I will be substituting for the kit parts. Thanks for the information!

Best Regards,

Ken Bailey

(SonyKen)

• 1 month later...

Having been told about ARC by a friend I thought I would look you guys up. At first I was a little confused as I thought I was on a very similar forum that I frequent.

Anyway, cutting to the chase :crying2: , I am making up a Revell 1:72 RN Westland Wessex HAS3 for another GB. As I haven't started it yet I would like to join in on this GB too.

I was concerned that, as the HAS3 is primarily a Anti-sub helicopter it wouldn't fit the rules. However, as it is fitted with a winch, SAR would be a secondary roll.

So, if you are OK with this Aaron, I'll crack on with it. :worship:

Cheers

Deacon

am I allowed to post here? am in the process of building a 1/72 Grumman Widgeon (USGC variant). Not sure if I will have it done by May 31st as I am practicing techniques on this. In progress build can be seen here

Deacon, and Rob, both of those would be fine, but we only have about 3 weeks to go so build fast. :cheers:

Penalties for failing to complete a group build are swift and brutal... well ok, there aren't actually any penalties. :lol:

Deacon, and Rob, both of those would be fine, but we only have about 3 weeks to go so build fast. :whistle:

Penalties for failing to complete a group build are swift and brutal...

Oh my god...............what have I done? :D

Deacon

Deacon, and Rob, both of those would be fine, but we only have about 3 weeks to go so build fast. :whistle:

Penalties for failing to complete a group build are swift and brutal...

Oh my god...............what have I done? :D

Deacon

oohhh - set mself a hard task.... work is killing me at the moment plus getting used to airbrushing.. but hey - hope first paint will go on cockpit today......

• 9 months later...
Looks like a fun subject. I believe I'll be in with my A-26 fire bomber from the movie "Always". Been looking for a reason to start this plane. Mix of painting and bare metal will make it a big challenge for me. Nice decal sheet though.

Chris

always2.jpg

I just happened to stumble accross this site while doing some research. The actual A26 aircraft is located in Canada at the airport that I work at. Please let

me know if you would like me to take some photos to help you finish your project.

Regards Bob