1/32 Trumpeter Super Hornet

Great build! ;) :thumbsup:

That looks like one of Trumps nicer kits.

Are there any corrections or aftermarket that you would suggest might be needed?

:cheers:

1 thing I forgot to add, the kit isn't made to leave the refueling probe closed, so you have to sand the doors really thin to get them to fit. Leaving it open is just ridiculous, the probe itself is fine, but it is flat where the bay should be to store the probe, room for improvement there.

Other things that can improve are:decals, cockpit, seat, exhaust nozzles,wheelbays, area behind the cockpit and the weapons,I only know of the academy F-16 to score some aim-9x's, so those might be interesting for an AM company.

Has anyone checked if the shape is correct? If I hold a real picture against the model, I don't see anything that strikes me as being wrong.

Just looked at my post again, and it didn't sound good...

So let me say again - that is one awesome looking Superhornet you built!!! And great job on the weathering.

for the decal record, we've got a few sheets printed and 2 E sheets releasing on Valentine's Day. The adversary sheet will wait until we have a hard release date on the F kit.

Any more advice for building the E? It looks like it fits together great!

-brian

Just looked at my post again, and it didn't sound good...

So let me say again - that is one awesome looking Superhornet you built!!! And great job on the weathering.

for the decal record, we've got a few sheets printed and 2 E sheets releasing on Valentine's Day. The adversary sheet will wait until we have a hard release date on the F kit.

Any more advice for building the E? It looks like it fits together great!

-brian

No problem, I knew what you meant. And you don't really need my advice on building, you're better at it then me.

Looking forward to the decal release next week, I'll be getting a sheet for my next build.

Absolutely stunning, you did a great job. The weathering is perfect and your landing gear is spectacular! Now, I have a question. I noticed your nose gear door on the starboard side has the screen portion. I'm slowly but surely finishing a 1/48 scale Hasegawa F-mod and I Dremeled the nose gear door so I too could put some sort of a simulated screen in there for added detail. Initialy I was thinking a faucet filter would be good cut down to size but the holes are too big in the filter. What did you use if you don't mind me asking? Thanks!

Meh...a Stoopid Hornet in Tomcat clothing...disgusting :tease:....

GOTCHA!!! Seriously, it looks absolutely AWESOME! The interior of those exhaust nozzles look phenomenal, the weathering is great...not too strong, but not under-done either, and the carrier deck diorama is off-the-charts gorgeous! I'll be getting my hands on one of these kits here before long, hopefully, but my 2010 build schedule is already full!

Edited by TomcatFanatic123
  • 2 weeks later...

I just received my 1/32 Super Hornet, and must bring up your build again to marvel at your work and how nice the kit is. I can't wait to rip open the plastic bags and start building this thing.

It's an older thread, but sure is a goodie, so back to top it goes. ;)

Cheers,

Terry

PS: did you have any problems fitting the avionics bay doors close?

An impressive model.

Nice job! :rofl:

John

GOTCHA!!! Seriously, it looks absolutely AWESOME! The interior of those exhaust nozzles look phenomenal, the weathering is great...not too strong, but not under-done either, and the carrier deck diorama is off-the-charts gorgeous! I'll be getting my hands on one of these kits here before long, hopefully, but my 2010 build schedule is already full!