1/48 RCAF SAR Lancaster

Would you mind scanning the decal instructions in high res? I would love to put this scheme on my 1:24 Lanc but I am positive that noone makes the decals in that scale.

It is a super cool scheme, is there any thing different in the inside? Life rafts, stretchers, anything like that?

Also, are there any books that talk about the rescue Lancs?

Would you mind scanning the decal instructions in high res? I would love to put this scheme on my 1:24 Lanc but I am positive that noone makes the decals in that scale.

Check with www.canmilair.com, they do ALPS printed decals of Canadian subjects. In fact they have a rescue Lanc listed that can be done in many different scales including 1/24.

http://www.canmilair.com/products.asp?cat=57&pg=3

I've used MM Day Glo Red on a couple of models with great results. Spray at 15 psi over an even flat white base just like was done in real life so many years ago. I also sprayed Day Glo over a Fleet Canuck, 1:1 scale, at Comox one time but the overspray also got everything else in the hangar including a "Clunk"

Barney

Dang , wish you never put up that link!!!!

His is 20 times better then mine and also a smaller scale. Puts mine to shame.

Don't get me wrong. I "like" how mine turned out. Its good for me, but sucks compared to that other one.

Oh well.......Its done.

DSC_0160-1.jpg

DSC_0166-2.jpg

This came out amazing. Obviously the dayglo on the tail and wing tips is painted but I am really impressed if the rescue and the stripe are decals, I didn't know you could get day glo decals. Obviously you got the MM to work, but if you wanted to try something different Hawkeye has an acrylic day glo that looks pretty good. He has some interesting tutorials for aging the day glo too.

It is a super cool scheme, is there any thing different in the inside? Life rafts, stretchers, anything like that?

Also, are there any books that talk about the rescue Lancs?

I don't know how good it is but I've got this RAF Air Sea Rescue book on my wishlist.

http://www.amazon.com/Raf-Air-Rescue-Servi...2/dp/1844151557

Hawkeye huh... do you have a website? And thanks for the book idea... on my wishlist now also!

http://www.hawkeyeshobbies.com/

He is a member here too. He's got some good stuff in his blogs on using the day glo and metal finishes. I've used his SNJ Powder and it works pretty good for a natural metal finish without using an airbrush.