Su-33 Sea Flanker second installment

Hi, friends. This is a little somenthing I added to my build from last year. I hope it gave it more realism. The ladder is custom photoeched, the pilot is converted from an Aires Warsaw Pact pilot, the rest is scratch-buit. Injoy the pictures.

su33_18.jpg

su33_19.jpg

su33_16.jpg

su33_14.jpg

Yes, I used the SOL conversion, but rescribed it according to the drawing and photos I had. Also were used Aires cockpit and exhausts and I scratch-buit the wheel wells and detailed the undercarriage.

su33cockpit.jpg

su33wells.jpg

Love the Flanker. Looks great.

Please don't take this the wrong way, I am only asking because I don't know. Would weapons be mounted on pylons with the wings folded? I know they (the wings/aircraft) are stressed for many G's, but I've personally never seen an aircraft armed and wings folded. If so (plus they are our builds) it opens up a lot more display choices!!!

Love the Flanker. Looks great.

Please don't take this the wrong way, I am only asking because I don't know. Would weapons be mounted on pylons with the wings folded? I know they (the wings/aircraft) are stressed for many G's, but I've personally never seen an aircraft armed and wings folded. If so (plus they are our builds) it opens up a lot more display choices!!!

Than you! Just to back myself up a bit. :thumbsup:

su-33_30.jpg

Outstanding ;)

How you made the ladder in 1/48th scale is beyond me. I struggled with the 1/32nd scale version!

If I did n't know better I'd think this whole dio was larger scale.

excellent job :lol:

:)

Thank you! I was inspired to a large scale by you superb Flanker. Here is a photo of the ladder. What I did was to brush three coats of Mr.Surfacer 500 on the tube framing to gile it some volume. If someone is interested in this ladder PM me.

ladder.jpg