Hasegawa + Isracast F-16I Sufa

Hi Janne,

Great build and finish! Enjoyed your detailing and tutorials along the way, too. I really enjoy how you incorporate many of the small and 'everyone knows how to do that' details or techniques into your WIP's that add so much to enjoying modeling :)

What's coming next from you? For me, as some others have mentioned, the urge to do the Sufa has finally pushed to the top while watching your build.

regards,

Gary F

Hi Janne,

Great build and finish! Enjoyed your detailing and tutorials along the way, too. I really enjoy how you incorporate many of the small and 'everyone knows how to do that' details or techniques into your WIP's that add so much to enjoying modeling :)

What's coming next from you? For me, as some others have mentioned, the urge to do the Sufa has finally pushed to the top while watching your build.

regards,

Gary F

Thanx Gary! I´m realy happy to hear that, I wasn´t too sure about putting all those "basic level specials" in or not..... but I know that I would have loved to get a collection of tutorials of all those things ppl almost seem to take for granted. Now I got the the info piece by piece instead and I have slowly evolved my build skills over the years.

SO I´m very happy with the feed back of the tutorials :D

I´ve already started my next build, a Su-7 BKL! and that´s a far less ambitious project!

Janne, it was a pleasure following this build! It turned out great. The pics are just as good as the model too. Big :thumbsup:

Thanx Raptor! The pics are alright....Think I got the color setting wrong tho...it´s kind of pale in the pics and the green disapeared.

Great looking Sufa! That paint scheme is stunningly wicked too! :)

Thanx Qian for cheering me through the build!

Aigore,

Very nice build and a model to be proud of!!! I enjoyed your WIP and am finishing my own Sufa now (Hase 1/48th).

When you said that your pledge gloss coat cracked, what did you mean?? I have never heard of this before and am curious. I have had some problems with Future coatings on other models, namely that it produced a sand paper like finish....ugh.

I now thin it with windex glass cleaner and that seems to do the trick!!

Anyway, great build, great brief and your work is inspirational!!

What is your next project?? Happy modelling.

Doose.

I just had to watch this again... It is so beautiful Janne!! :thumbsup:

/ Jocke

Thanx Jocke..... you´ll get an eye full of it at Modell GBG this autumn :worship:

Aigore,

Very nice build and a model to be proud of!!! I enjoyed your WIP and am finishing my own Sufa now (Hase 1/48th).

When you said that your pledge gloss coat cracked, what did you mean?? I have never heard of this before and am curious. I have had some problems with Future coatings on other models, namely that it produced a sand paper like finish....ugh.

I now thin it with windex glass cleaner and that seems to do the trick!!

Anyway, great build, great brief and your work is inspirational!!

What is your next project?? Happy modelling.

Doose.

Thanx Doose! :worship:

About the pledge: I don´t thin it at all..I never had it crack on me before. For some reason it cracked or was cracked when I started my washes. As a matter of fact it´s almost only cracked over surfaces painted with Xtracolor.... A theory might be that I didn´t let the Xtracolor dry and cure enough before I started glosscoating it. Xtracolor is a gloss enamel and requres a lot more drying time than flat or satin humbrols.

It might have been issues with air humidity and temperature as well....... I really don´t know, I only suspect....

awesome viper, Aigore, nice paint job

cheers

superb job Aigore, the viper looks great

cheers

Thanx Pompeo! You must really like it since you´ve commented twice on it :)

Hehe, you can comment how many times you want...I´ll be just as happy every time!

Cheers mate!

I have not used Xtracolor as it is not available in my town.......Except for the Internet!!!!!

Anyway, great model, and I will check out your next build.

Thanx doose :( You´re welcome to!

A most excellent series of pics on a very well done Sufa...which show are ya gonna win with it?

Thanx Angels! Afraid it won´t win any prizes at any show since the future/pledge cracked....looks like a cracked eggshell. But I like the model anyways.

Out-Friggen-Standing ! :D

A beautiful Warhorse, Janne ...

Congrats on a Fantastic piece of modelling ...

And thanks for the build thread ...

Gregg

Thanx Gregg, happy you enjoyed it :D

As I had already written in W.I.P. your Sufa is one of the most beautiful ever seen

You must be proud my friend

Gianni

Thanx Gianni :D You´ve been a great supporter through the build!

hi v just looked over your forum on the sufa and i hav to say u did an outstanig job !!!!!!!!! it relly is amazing ;)

any way i have a question: i am in the middel of bulding a sufa myself and i wanted to know what whepons you put on yours i have all 3 tanks and the outer misiels but i dont know what other misiels and bombs to put on it would relly help me if u could tell me what the wepons are called and maby allso where to buy them (aspeshaly those 2 pods at the frunt under the air intake)

thanks alot!

hi v just looked over your forum on the sufa and i hav to say u did an outstanig job !!!!!!!!! it relly is amazing

any way i have a question: i am in the middel of bulding a sufa myself and i wanted to know what whepons you put on yours i have all 3 tanks and the outer misiels but i dont know what other misiels and bombs to put on it would relly help me if u could tell me what the wepons are called and maby allso where to buy them (aspeshaly those 2 pods at the frunt under the air intake)

thanks alot!

Hi there Josh and thank you for the comment :D

I put on 2x Python 4, 2 x AIM 120C AMRAAM, 2X GBU-12 and a GBU-27. The pods under the intake are Litening pods...both the FLIR pod and the Laser designator. And the wingtanks are the 600 gallon ones.

The simplest way of getting israeli weapons is to buy the Skunk Model Workshop IDF weapon sets

http://www.luckymodel.com/scale.aspx?searc...=48&q_word=

The pods I scrounged from other kits but there are probably aftermarket pods out there as well :D

:explode::rofl: , that is awesome!

Thank you antony :D