Unfortunately no Ray, my son and I where supposed to go with my grandkids the Friday after Thanksgiving, but I ended up getting out of the hospital on Thanksgiving Day after a two week stay, Had an infection in my leg. We haven't been able to reschedule it yet, hope in the next month or two

Grandad,

Glad you're on the mend. I hope you get to go back soon. I love Pima!

Ray

B-36J52-2827PimaJul091.jpg

Drop the jet engines modify the fuselage to have two decks and ya got the XC-99/C-99. Now ya wanna talk behemoth..oh yeah!!. I went to the one on Kelly AFB, well when it was Kelly not Lackland; as I hear it is now. I thought at the time they would never make a plane any bigger. Little did I know the C-5 was already being test flown. I said OK no one will ever top that!!!!....and Russia did!!. I wonder where will it end...Oh wait I already know....Capt. Kirk what are the dimensions on a Federation Starship. I wonder when someone is gonna build a Carrier big enought to trap GlobemasterII's :woot.gif: .

~Edited for pic correction~

Edited by Angels49
Cliff,

Here's an original of 2827 just as she is about to go on display outside Ft. Worth International. They hadn't even finished the concrete work for the walk ways yet. She looks pretty good here. Makes one wonder how it would have gone if the foundation had actually succeeded in getting the plane back into the air.

Ftworthb36.jpg

I should have fixed the lighting on the slide. Sorry.

Rick L.

That i a neat shot. I would have liked to have seen her in all of her glory.

Edited by jinxx1
Grandad,

Glad you're on the mend. I hope you get to go back soon. I love Pima!

Ray

Thanks Ray, I'm almost mended, still a little weak in my legs. I do hope to get back down there before summer hits and the temps get high. Love Pima myself, they are always improving it

• 3 years later...