Spitfire Mk.Vb Trop.

Hello;

This is the Tamiya 1/48 kit depicted as TuAF plane flown between 1944 and 1948.

They were from the Africa stocks so they got overhauled before handed over to TuAF.

They received late type elevators.

Two types of prop.s seen on TuAF Spit. Mk.Vb.s; De Havilland and Rotol. This one has D.H. one.

Also covered and 5-spoked hubs were seen but i opted to use covered ones.

I used Ultracast seat, barrels and wheels.

Serial number has been done by my friend, Ufuk Aydıner. Photos were taken by him too.

Any progressive critic is mostly appreciated.

Please enjoy.

Arkut

Spit_001.jpg

Spit_002.jpg

Spit_019.jpg

I love it. To me, the most interesting part is the fine separation between camo colors (is it free hand or with raised mask?) and the rusted rivet details. Actually, I was wondering how you did the rusty/leaky rivets around the wing root. Airbrush, pastel, or something else? If it is pastel, what kind of applicator do you use (it seems it's gotta be very thin).

I am trying to create something like this myself but don't know how to approach it.

Thanks.

I love it. To me, the most interesting part is the fine separation between camo colors (is it free hand or with raised mask?) and the rusted rivet details. Actually, I was wondering how you did the rusty/leaky rivets around the wing root. Airbrush, pastel, or something else? If it is pastel, what kind of applicator do you use (it seems it's gotta be very thin).

I am trying to create something like this myself but don't know how to approach it.

Thanks.

At first i drew the camouflage on the paper that comes with the kit. Cut the paper and sticked them on the model. After a light spray of dark earth the borders appeared on the model. Then i painted with freehand.

In a way i combined the oth technics.

To be honest i do not use masking on my models but on this model i had to be very precise so i did use those papers. Just to make sure that the lines are passing at the exact places as they are on the pictures of this particular aircraft.

For the weathering i used very thinned mix of red and smoke gray. Sprayed it with an airbrush. I have used Olympos SP-B.

But you can use the Tamiya weathering pastels applying it with the thinnest of Micro Brush (white color) or damped #000 brush etc. (i had used this technic on my F-4 F that you can see on http://www.modelsitesi.com/galeri/arkut/f4f/index.htm)

HTH

And thanks a lot for the compliments.

Arkut