1/32 Trumpeter Mig 21 MF

What did you use for your wash?

I am still following your progress..............great work so far!

The wash is custom made

- dark and maroon pigments (powder)

- some alchool not too much

- water

- dish washer solution and some dissolved soap

That's the formula

the wash loosk just fine.i am wondering though,i have never seen Romanian mig-21 lancer with this overall grey cammo and theese post comunist markings.it looks really nice.

When the M/MF/UM aircraft were upgraded to Lancer, all of them were repainted. The roundels aren't really post communist, since they were introduced in 1985 already (or somewhere near that year).

I love this build, it's just a pity 1701 isn't a valid Romanian MiG-21MF number......

1701 is a number from ex. Deveselu Air Base and is a Mig 21 R......I had my personal reasons to use this number even I had never flown Mig 21 R

OK, but weren't the Romanian MiG-21R's based at Timi, flying with the 38th sqn? Do you have a picture of this aircraft, because I never heard of 1701 as being Romanian? 94R01701 (1701) was a Czechoslovak MiG-21R, with the Romanian aircraft being in the 19xx and 20xx serial batch AFAIK. Pity they disappeared from the skies...........

OK, but weren't the Romanian MiG-21R's based at Timi, flying with the 38th sqn? Do you have a picture of this aircraft, because I never heard of 1701 as being Romanian? 94R01701 (1701) was a Czechoslovak MiG-21R, with the Romanian aircraft being in the 19xx and 20xx serial batch AFAIK. Pity they disappeared from the skies...........

You are right .......but as I told you I had personal reasons to put that number there....and believe me they are strong......

Anyway to be more confusing, for me isn't so important what number is there, but it must be 1701....sorry man.

The Mig 21 R from Timisoara were first located at Deveselu then moved to Timisoara and after..... they were cut to pieces and send to Craiova and some to ex Ianca as I know

I have some sad pictures with them.......................

Edited by setal
You are right .......but as I told you I had personal reasons to put that number there....and believe me they are strong......

Anyway to be more confusing, for me isn't so important what number is there, but it must be 1701....sorry man.

Salut,

Don't be sorry, it's your model! You can put on the nose whatever you want.

The model looks great, my hands are itching to start on mine.....

Great work on the display! Didn't know LanceRs use a mix of French and Chinese(?) missiles

The Lancer can carry both western and eastern missiles.......

The missiles in the picture are the original kit missiles modified by me to look like a Python and Magic II but what can I say they don't look like the real things