Academy Su-27S 1/48 - Eritrean splinter "608"

208 members have voted

1. 1. Would you stretch this Academy Flanker to proper length, if you could?

• Yes, I want an accurate model in scale
    • No, it's a small error - only 3.5% in length

how will you do all that rescribing and reriveting on all of that lost panel lines and details??????????????

Believe it when me tells ya the force is strong in this bloke; :woo: He's been down the road to mayhem many times, so he knows the way to Valhalla like the back of his hand, where Odin 'n' the lil' teaser await him with a wink of their eye, a grin on their lips 'n' a cold one (Heineken, not some sort of infamous, most publicited worldwide kind of urine :woo:Ya know who ya are!). The lie stops right here!!!

So... the T-bloke will most prolly resort to usin' just one common sewing needle and a roll of Dymo tape for the whole task, and his Flanker's gonna look even better than whut it looked before the bloody massacre started. Ya'll see. :woo:

Ya hear?

Time to head off to rugby trainin' now. :woo:

• 2 weeks later...
Mum's already bought me the JLC (aka UMM) saw for that purpose, y'know. Me's orderin' Quickboost's correction nose tomorrow. Nay Aires cockpit, sorray.

Unc²

OK. Let's go back to the start ... I didn't post this picture here, but here it comes ...

IMG_7064_2.jpg

As you can see, Tamiya saw is bigger than any cut I need to perform on the model. Blade is 160 mm long and 40 mm deep. The saw has its bugs, but the dimensions secures that no additional guide is needed, and that cut will be straight.

I don't have JLC saw, but as far as I found, you only have 6.5 mm between outer edge and handle in the middle, meaning you could use it eventually for lower fuselage and eventually wings... OK, intakes are GO, too... No deep cuts - upper fuselage, stinger ... Okay, you could hold it in your hands, but only then you'll end up nowhere ... Now, don't get me wrong here, I just hope you'll get the best out of it... That selfmade PE saw.. well I had only partial success with it ...

Don't tell me you'll leave that Academy cockpit as it is ... What about Neomega? [link]

Now, let's go back to this Flanker ... A last small detail was added to front wheel bay cover... I hope you can find it ... :D

P7300027.jpg

P7300035_2.jpg

P7310051.jpg

I've opened my Pandora's box ... Selfmade cardboard box with enamels I didn't used for decades ... Most of enamels are in usable condition after many years ... This is cylinder on the front wheel bay cover with MM Steel + MM Bright Brass mix and pure MM Steel for holders.. Lines are Revell 8 Flat Black... I already got a suggestion to make another cylinder ....

P8030082_2.jpg

Here is real one [link]

I decided to use a mix of MM1562 Flat light blue I think and MM1728 Light ghoust gray for cockpit but the mix (on the left) looks far better thru the glass than dried on the plastic (too much blue)

P7270022_2.jpg

Instrument panel foil got white background, too.

P8030063_2.jpg

These are hydraulic lines on inner starboard side of front wheel bay, in build phase... I need to make new ones, since I removed silvered surface and copper started to redish thru ...Yes, those are silver coated copper wires, and not pure silver... There was too much glue so I sanded it down, but when copper appeared I painted everything with Revell 91 Steel, but it got even worse ...

P7310053.jpg

Edited by supergru

Next were intakes ... After 4 days struggle with sanding and filling, some micro corrections will be needed ... This is dryfit only...

If you want to see them before filling and sanding session go back to post 63 [link]

P8040100.jpg

P8040101.jpg

P8040102.jpg

P8040103.jpg

P8040104.jpg

P8040105.jpg

P8040106.jpg

P8040107.jpg

P8040108.jpg

P8040109.jpg

More on the way ...

Edited by supergru

P8040110.jpg

P8040111.jpg

What could this be, I wonder ? :D

That little thing was still in-build phase, but you could make a guess ...

P7250019_2.jpg

P7250020_2.jpg

Next was battery... 2nd try ... Worms in close-up ...

P7250008_2.jpg

P7250014_2.jpg

Battery itself and main container ...

P7250016_2.jpg

Comparison with 1st attempt ... Panels were painted with flat black and then drybrushed with MM1790 Chrome Silver... First time I drybrushed anything in my life ... Worms got Revell 330 Feuerrot I think ... Wheel bays will be pure MM1728 Light Ghoust Gray ... If only I got some small letters for that sign ... Here is the real one [link]

P7300045_2.jpg

P7300046_2.jpg

P7310050_2.jpg

More to come ...

Edited by supergru

Next was ceiling in the main wheel bays ... Click here to see the real one ...

Those of you, who saw the Academy's solution (RAISED panels), know that ain't gonna fly... Although I saw several solutions for Academy's Flankers, here on ARC, this is mine ...

With help of Tamiya tape, correct size of main wheel bay was copied to 0.25 mm styrene ...

P8030087.jpg

Dryfit with lower side ... As you can see, wheel bay is wider than cut for wings, this will end up with another headache ...

P8030093.jpg

Eduard's PE and its position on the styrene.. Outer line is Eduard and inner Academy ...

P8040094.jpg

Profile was cut out ...

P8040096.jpg

This was just an intro for idea a got a few months ago, so there will be more to come ...

Last thing I have for you today... Main wheel bay covers ... As we have front, middle and rear section ...

I was looking at dryfit of intakes, and said to myself: OK, fuselage is lengthen, we got those intakes ready .... And covers? Damn ... :D

Quick check with drawings and decision was made to lengthen rear edge of middle section for 2 mm ...

P8030085_2.jpg

P8040117_2.jpg

P8040118_2.jpg

Edited by supergru

Supergru,

This is truly some amazing work, i admire ur skill and courage totally. Never have i expect the academy flanker to need tat kind of surgery... tat said, i m also thoroughly depressed, becos without ur skill, perhaps my academy flanker will never be built... May i should wrap it up as Christmas present for the neighbor's kid :huh:

Tomi, mate! :monkeydance:

Gotten "them" pictures yet, have ya? ;)

Cheers,

Unc²

P.S: Oh, wish I had gotten Tamiya's saw instead... :thumbsup: JLC's is like tryin' to handle a bloody razor blade!

Me no satisfied with you, bloke! :monkeydance:

After I uploaded a respectable amount of work, you needed 8 days to post (although you were here on ARC in the meantime), you wrote what .. two short sentences and disappear again... None of them actually commenting my upload, and none of them is funny.

This ain't gonna fly!

Maybe this could motivate you trying again:

Love conquers all, but if love doesn't do it, try hard work!

I will get you later for those pictures... :P

Have a nice day ...

Me no satisfied with you, bloke!

SayWhUUUT.jpg

:blink: Tomi, mate; no-one seemed to have ever been, so I wouldn't have expected ya to have been either, to be deadly honest with ya. Me's been born an uncool, but at least I ain't a poser or someone who will fake it so that people would be satisfied with me, y'know. Me's an authentic uncool, 'n' yet there are a lot of people who just dig me for not bein' a bloody hypocrite. I'm a lot happy bein' like that, 'n' don't think I'm ever gonna change.

However, good thing 'bout me is those few people I real dig, I dig 'em sincerely, 'n' I guess ya all know who ya are. ;)

Maybe this could motivate you trying again:

Love conquers all, but if love doesn't do it, try hard work!

Crikey! Meanin' ya're in love with me or sumthin,' Tomi...? :lol: Whut is the lil' teaser goin' to think of ya when she reads this, me wonders. She's had her share of friends sorta fallin' in love with me, but never males, y'know; well, except for the bloke who uses to sell bathing suits and lingerie to her...

As you can see, Tamiya saw is bigger than any cut I need to perform on the model. Blade is 160 mm long and 40 mm deep. The saw has its bugs, but the dimensions secures that no additional guide is needed, and that cut will be straight.

Hmph, as me said many, many lifetimes ago, I wish I had gotten the Tamiya saw instead of the JLC; aka UMM one... Mum herself affirmed that maimin' the Flanker with the JLC is a royal pain in the rump, literally! She's kinda sore at ya for havin' suggested buyin' it, y'know. She says she ain't gonna buy me another Flanker kit if I ruin the one I got.

I don't have JLC saw, but as far as I found, you only have 6.5 mm between outer edge and handle in the middle, meaning you could use it eventually for lower fuselage and eventually wings... OK, intakes are GO, too... No deep cuts - upper fuselage, stinger ... Okay, you could hold it in your hands, but only then you'll end up nowhere ... Now, don't get me wrong here, I just hope you'll get the best out of it... That selfmade PE saw.. well I had only partial success with it ...

Yeh, but the supergru way to the massacre of the Flankerstein mostly calls for wider cuts; me's afraid I've stalled the maimin' of my kit 'til I get the Tamiya saw, which I ordered to a joint in Hong Kong that hasn't replied yet, by the way. Where did ya get yers from, Tomi, mate?

Say, Tomi, bloke; how do ya say a jeweller's saw would fare with this project? I think me's got one somewhere in my den.

Don't tell me you'll leave that Academy cockpit as it is ... What about Neomega? [link]

Uh-huh; that's very likely. Unless I go talk to my old man so that he pays for the NeOmega pit with his credit card, chances that the female AE agrees to pay with hers again are... slight, to say the least. I haven't got a credit card, AND DON'T WANT TO HAVE IT EITHER, YA HEAR...!!!??? I've tried speakin' to the owner of a Yank joint which goes by the name of Victory Models so as to pay by Western Union, but he said nay-nay.

A last small detail was added to front wheel bay cover... I hope you can find it ...

P7300027.jpg

Ya can clearly see mum's had such a bright son, hasn't she?

I already got a suggestion to make another cylinder ....

Mum says ya MUST!

What could this be, I wonder ?

That little thing was still in-build phase, but you could make a guess ...

Well, although I can see it in the corner of yer eye, I still can't quite decide whut it is yet. Part of the battery pack? Yes? yes? yes? yes? yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssss...????

Those of you, who saw the Academy's solution (RAISED panels), know that ain't gonna fly... Although I saw several solutions for Academy's Flankers, here on ARC, this is mine ...

With help of Tamiya tape, correct size of main wheel bay was copied to 0.25 mm styrene ...

:) Ya see? This whole paragraph has managed to escape my wits all week; whut raised panels, Tomi? Inside of the main wheel wells did ya mean? Did ya have to correct the size of the main wheel wells because of the added lenght or just because the size is all wrong on the model kit as they are?

Neither the female AE nor I could make out anythong of whut ya meant there; my mum mumbled sumthin' which sounded as Broken Computer or Happening Hamster... Please, explain.

What's that?

Don't tell me; that's "The Catcher in the Rye;" Brando or "The King 'n' I..." laughing.gif

Yer build is awesome, as always, Tomi! Me's especially liked how the intakes came along; very noice! :thumbsup: Hope that ya keep on both delightin' 'n' enlightenin' with such an interestin' build.

Mum doesn't say "hi," 'n' the lil' teaser is hopelessly in love with a bloke appearin' on Britmodeller forum's home page whom, says she, looks exactly like Yank actor Michael Paré. Told ya the critter was into blokes just for the looks 'n' fashion; oh, but me loves ya still, Tomi!

Cheers, 'n' lighten up, Francis!

Unc²

P.S: Found this post funny enough, mate, have ya? (sorry; can't post any more emoticons).

• 2 weeks later...

In honour of 10 000th viewer ( who ever that was ..) :yahoo:

Hmph, as me said many, many lifetimes ago, I wish I had gotten the Tamiya saw instead of the JLC; aka UMM one... Mum herself affirmed that maimin' the Flanker with the JLC is a royal pain in the rump, literally! She's kinda sore at ya for havin' suggested buyin' it, y'know. She says she ain't gonna buy me another Flanker kit if I ruin the one I got.

Yeh, but the supergru way to the massacre of the Flankerstein mostly calls for wider cuts; me's afraid I've stalled the maimin' of my kit 'til I get the Tamiya saw, which I ordered to a joint in Hong Kong that hasn't replied yet, by the way. Where did ya get yers from, Tomi, mate?

Say, Tomi, bloke; how do ya say a jeweller's saw would fare with this project? I think me's got one somewhere in my den.

It doesn't have to be Tamiya saw, that I used to cut mine Flanker, but it should be a simillar saw - long and high blade ...

For example, the other one from the picture bellow should be avoided at all costs ...

P8160078.jpg

WHY? You'll get this ...

P8160076.jpg

And when I say 40 mm, I mean these ..

P8160074.jpg

That other saw is very good to cut curves, but for looong shot (wing, fuselage) it's contra productive - you'll end up nowhere... Go to your local hardware shop and search for fine saw with long blade, as thin as possible - if that doesn't suits you, then get that Tamiya ... btw. I got mine from Hobby Link Japan - very happy customer says

I LOVE THEIR EMS Check the date/time

HLJ.jpg

[uh-huh; that's very unlikely. Unless I go talk to my old man so that he pays for the NeOmega pit with his credit card, chances that the female AE agrees to pay with hers again are... slight, to say the least.

PM/email me your full name and address, maybe (and I'll write again maybe) I'll think something out... But don't expect too much, since you haven't send me you sister yet (or better to say, she hasn't arrived yet)... Postage could be far more expensive, than actual item inside the package ... Hmmm...

Mum says ya MUST!

Yes, mam ! :wave:

P8090014_2.jpg

Well, although I can see it in the corner of yer eye, I still can't quite decide whut it is yet. Part of the battery pack? Yes? yes? yes? yes? yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssss...????

That's the front wheel bumper, in the middle of the inner port sidewall... And the battery is now in place, and wheelbay is painted with MM1728 (Light Ghoust Gray)

P8240052.jpg

P8240053.jpg

P8240060.jpg

Oh... and not to spam our colleague's thread ... Go to post No.1, picture no.1 ... I said I'll use Aires nozzles ...

Exhaust.jpg

They are not so critical for this phase of built, so they are not on my table at the moment, but I cut them loose from resin block and primed them ..

To be continued in a moment ...

:wave:Ya see? This whole paragraph has managed to escape my wits all week; whut raised panels, Tomi? Inside of the main wheel wells did ya mean? Did ya have to correct the size of the main wheel wells because of the added lenght or just because the size is all wrong on the model kit as they are?

Neither the female AE nor I could make out anythong of whut ya meant there; my mum mumbled sumthin' which sounded as Broken Computer or Happening Hamster... Please, explain.

I can't believe this... You (and your mother) actually persuaded me to take these pictures, although you have the same kit ...

I mean THESE RAISED PANELS - I THINK MAN CAN STUMBLE UPON 'EM ...

P8160065.jpg

And if you check all these three photos, I think you'll agree with me that outboard part of inner sidewalls are either incomplete or missing

P8160067.jpg

P8160069.jpg

So, to get some king of box-shape and not a black hole, I took a pencil, Tamiya tape and 0.25 mm styrene and draw a full profile of that "box"

P8030087.jpg

P8030093.jpg

Just check the full sequence from previous update ... In my next update you'll see my draft version of main wheelbays... In a week-or-two ...

Mum doesn't say "hi,"

Why? :yahoo:

Now, to get some other stuff ...

Decals came, both Hi-Decal Line 48-022 (1st picture) and Begemot 48-004 (2nd and 3rd) ...

Su-27Hi-DecalLine.jpg

Su-27FlankerFamily101.jpg

Su-27FlankerFamily102.jpg

... and Begemot gives you the mask for false canopy. Although there are many Flankers covered by those two sheets, I will concentrate just on Eritrean Flankers ...

Hi-Decal

HDL48-022_02s.jpg

HDL48-022_01s.jpg

and their correction ...

HDL48-022_03s.jpg

HDL48-022_04s.jpg

Begemot

BegemotFlanker01dio01.jpg

BegemotFlanker01dio02.jpg

And the real one... Check both Ukrainian and Eritrean radomes (noses) ... Now if Ukrainian has WHITE radome, what color has Eritrean?

Picture 1

Picture 2

Picture 3

And from Gordon's book ...

Picture 4

Up to next post ...

This is my mix... What do you think? I would like to focus just on Revell or Model Master paints, since I have only those two brands .. I'm not scared of mixing paints ...

Radome (nose, RWR antennas)

4410.png lighter ???

Pale green:

4653.png

Dark green:

4644.png

Light gray:

4844.png

Light blue:

4810.png 4652.png

General note:

Hi Decal

+ very good decal printing quality, in range of Cartograf = fine lines, sharp edges, ...

+ covers Su-27UB "601" and Su-27S "609", although Gordon says in his book that there are two UB, and four S Eritreans and "608" is actually missplaced for "606" and that "601" is a single-seater

+ with correction sheet they corrected underside color and a part of underside between false canopy and radome

+ you get some (but sadly not all) stencils, also printed in high quality

- instructions are badly printed (quality)

- despite correction, still has wrong radome color

Begemot

+ more accurate shape and size (plan) of color fields (arrangement of splinters)

+ better quality of instruction prints

+ false canopy is given as a mask, and not as a decal

- inferior decal printing quality

- full stencils are sold separately, in inferior printing quality, too

- wrong radome color

- wrong underside color

- instructions have multiple errors ...

Most of Begemot errors can be corrected by using other decals, even from the same decal sheet, but HiDecal published their sheet in 2004. and Begemot did it in 2007. So, they had plenty of time to avoid this...

I was thinking of arming Flanker with Miniarm R-27ER/ET missiles, but I have to see if I'll have time for that ...

So, now is officially an Eritrean Su-27S, so I changed the title ...

Edited by supergru
Kewl, an african birdy :rolleyes:

Yes, from Day 1 I wanted a splinter, and since I'm working on Su-27S (meaning an ordinary Flanker and not 4th+ generation Flanker), besides Ukrainian splinters this is only possible option left. Besides Ukrainian "Blue 56", there are other Ukrainian Flankers that have splinter camo, but for me it's not only to have a splinter, color combination for that splinter is important, too.

So, as for this built, Ukrainian "Blue 56" was option no.1, but since them decals from Linden Hill will be printed later in the year, I was left with Eritrean. Now, if I don't manage to finish it before December, it could end up in Ukrainian colors again ... Who knows ... :woot.gif:

Back to the update ...

If you check last photos I posted from front wheelbay, maybe you'll see some kind of profile or pattern on the ceiling (I know it's very hard to see, 'cause of flat color)... Those are PE patterns you'll get from Academy ...

PE.jpg

Although that PE metal is thin (some 0.1 mm), step from PE to surrounding plastic was clearly visible, so I took Mr. Surfacer 500 and applied it in several thing layers, next to PE patterns so that step was blended out.

I also made another piping for inner starboard side in front wheelbay. This is comparison with 1st attempt ...

P8200026.jpg

I think I don't need to explain what this is ...

P8240055.jpg

P8240056.jpg

I'm awaiting two riveters from Czech to start rescribing, but I still have to prepare whole plane for it ...

Yes, I am mad 'cause I'm gonna to rescribe some 80% of the kit, since Academy didn't do much about it ... Kill me for that ..

I glued those Eduard profiles to the ceiling of main wheelbay ...

P8150047.jpg

P8150048.jpg

The thing was that I took too much glue, which melted styrene from inside, so I took Mr. Surfacer again to fill those sink marks ...

P8160005.jpg

Next thing are intake covers... Also 2nd attempt ...

This time I took 0.25 mm styrene and made sidewalls, too...

P8130024.jpg

Next change to the 1st attempt was that I took Pilot G-2 refill (ball point pen) and cut small rings with a saw...

P8130027.jpg

P8130028.jpg

Next thing I chamfered inner side (here with 1st attempt)

P8130032.jpg

P8130034.jpg

Then I added lower lip

P8130037.jpg

Now, next step was crucial for covers: Mr. Surfacer 500

P8140039.jpg

Still don't get it? Maybe 4-5 layers later you will...

P8160009.jpg

Oh, the handle ...

P8160011.jpg

And dryfit ...

P8170008.jpg

I also added some paint - Revell 330 Feuerrot (semi-gloss)

I'm very happy with shade of color, but it is pain in the as* to capture it on the camera ...

P8180017_2.jpg

Of course, I painted all covers with same red, too...

P8240038_2.jpg

P8240045_2.jpg

P8240046_2.jpg

P8240047_2.jpg

P8240048_2.jpg

P8240049_2.jpg

That's all for this update... Keep 'em comments coming ... :woot.gif:

In honour of 10 000th viewer ( who ever that was ..)

Oh, that oughta have been Qian, but normally he's way too shy to leave a comment... :rofl:

Tomi:

12254a885fadccc3b.gif

This build is gettin' better 'n' better each update! It's one of my favourite ones on any forums ever. Congratulations on yer job, bloke! Both the female AE 'n' I think the kind of work ya're doin' is outa this world, ya fraggin' alien! STOP, S*T*O*P...!!! :thumbsup:

It doesn't have to be Tamiya saw, that I used to cut mine Flanker, but it should be a simillar saw - long and high blade ...

For example, the other one from the picture bellow should be avoided at all costs ...

Yeh, me fears I've got a jeweler's saw the kind of "the picture below which should be avoided at all costs..." :coolio: That smiley35.gif joint in Hong Kong ne'er answered to my enquire! It's e-Tamiya or sumthin' like that. Me wants the Tamiya saw!

That other saw is very good to cut curves, but for looong shot (wing, fuselage) it's contra productive - you'll end up nowhere...

Hmph... the female AE has already warned me regardin' the consequences of ruinin' my kit; said the blade on the jeweler's saw is very likely to wander off like her younger daughter, the lil' teaser, uses to. :P

Go to your local hardware shop and search for fine saw with long blade, as thin as possible - if that doesn't suits you, then get that Tamiya ... btw. I got mine from Hobby Link Japan - very happy customer says

Me thinks I'm gonna try Hobby Link Japan directly. Will have to nick my granny's credit card number 'n' then ask her whut she ordered from Japan! :lol: I highly doubt local hardware stores down here would have any saw nearly as fine as the Tamiya one.

PM/email me your full name and address, maybe (and I'll write again maybe) I'll think something out... But don't expect too much, since you haven't send me you sister yet (or better to say, she hasn't arrived yet)... Postage could be far more expensive, than actual item inside the package ... Hmmm...

Thanks a lot for the kind offer, Tomi! But no can do... although it'd be a very good riddance, me fears ya might send in the "Spätzle" commandos to torture me so I'd give the lil' teaser's address away to them in order to kidnap her, sorry. Nice try, tho.

There are few times when the lil' teaser can get to be real adorable, y'know, like last Saturday, for instance; it was my birthday 'n' I invited some mates over to my mum's house. Both my sistas came too, 'n' the lil' teaser brought me a sponge cake which might have taken two or three days to make, minimum. She was well dressed; none of my guests choked while peepin' at her wearin' a brief skirt or cleavage. First time in ages I remember havin' patted her on the head after the shindig for not to have teased any of my mates. First time I saw her wag her tail to me in return!

Vera.gif

Oh... and not to spam our colleague's thread ... Go to post No.1, picture no.1 ... I said I'll use Aires nozzles ...

Noice! Me wants the Aires exhausts as well...!!!

I can't believe this... You (and your mother) actually persuaded me to take these pictures, although you have the same kit ...

Oh? My bad; sorry, Tomeo. Me thinks it was the language barrier, or so to speak. Mum asked whether yer seein' any raised panels on the Academy Flanker was owin' to the use of MEK as an adhesive, without the proper ventilation, y'know; like this time the lil' teaser freaked out after havin' been inhalin' nail polish vapours for too long. She said to have seen someone hidin' inside the closet... nuts.gif

I mean THESE RAISED PANELS - I THINK MAN CAN STUMBLE UPON 'EM ...

Awlright, Awlright! Point taken! Yeh, I agree; man or lil' teaser could stumble upon those panels any day. :rofl:

So, to get some king of box-shape and not a black hole, I took a pencil, Tamiya tape and 0.25 mm styrene and draw a full profile of that "box"

:coolio:KING of box-shape...??? Ya see...??? Okay, ya're askin' for it, mate: Josef Stalin, Malenkov, Nasser 'n' Prokofiev, Rockefeller, Campanella, Communist Bloc; Roy Cohn, Juan Perón, Toscanini, Dacron, Dien Bien Phu Falls, Rock Around the Clock. Einstein, James Dean, Brooklyn's got a winnin' team, Davy Crockett, Peter Pan, Elvis Presley, Disneyland, Bardot, Budapest, Alabama, Khrushchev, Princess Grace, Peyton Place, Trouble in the Suez...!!! :lol:

tongue2.gif
Why?

'Cause she read ya sayin' not to be satisfied with her beloved son - "light of her eyes" - that's why. :thumbsup:

Now, if I don't manage to finish it before December, it could end up in Ukrainian colors again ... Who knows ...

Well, then me hopes yer awesome Flankerstein project ne'er to end 'cause both the female AE 'n' son are gonna be depressed not to get any more updates on it. Hence, ya might as well wait 'til December in order to get the Ukranian decal sheet instead. Me believes this true-to-scale Flankerstein deserves to bear either Russian or ex-Russian markings, not Eritrean.

Then again; it's yer build, Tomi.

Yes, I am mad 'cause I'm gonna to rescribe some 80% of the kit, since Academy didn't do much about it ... Kill me for that ..

Ya're mad 'cause ya've been the first bloke to have ever blown the female AE's mind away with such a project. She always uses to peep at this thread at work, then she uses to call me over the phone to comment on sumthin.' Yesterday she called to say she was flattered that ya'd made a new cylinder to go on the nose wheel well.

Next thing are intake covers... Also 2nd attempt ...

Easy said than done, Tomi, mate, but with regard to this, we'd have expected the madman from Croatia to devise some kind of intake suckers outa sheet styrene or sumthin'...

Incidentally; gotten "them" pictures, have ya? Ain't askin' ya once again, y'know.

Cheers, Tomeo; mate!

Unc²

P.S: Have ya seen? Have ya seen? Have ya seen? Have ya seen? Have ya seen? Have ya seen? Have ya seen? Have ya seen...? :P