A-10 GPS & SATCOM 1/72 scale

Gents:

Here's a preliminary drawing of the GPS and SATCOM conversion set for the Italeri and ROG A-10 kit in 1/72nd scale. Will probably include the Laste bumps for the tail and two (2) ALE-25 or 44 8 round flare pods. Note that the SATCOM will be a separate piece that you will need to glue on to the spine after assembly to the A-10 kit. Would anyone want the same type of kit for the Hasegawa and Academy A-10?

Mark S.

Spectre Resins

RevellEGISATCOM-Marketing.jpg

Edited by Mark S.

Great stuff! Looks like you're going to be first to market with a LASTE upgrade for us 1/72nd scale geeks!

It appears that Hasegawa continues to re-issue it's venerable old A-10 kit, so it would probably be wise to produce a set that's made specifically for that kit.

Wow! This looks great so far. I can't wait to see the finished product!! I'd deffinately get a couple of these for the hasegawa kit (if possible). This would be awesome if you would consider doing it in 1/48 scale. Wadda ya think?

Chris

Hey mark I have a question for you!! Since you already did the resin cheeks for the rc-135 could we maybe het a kit for the RC-135U?!?!? That way we could convert an italeri kc-135R and use the resin cheecks and what not. Also, we wouldnt have to search everywhere for an old RC-135 amt kit. Good idea!?!?! I think so!!!

Also, you can check out airliners.net and type in RC-135U, awesome hi-res photos of the aircraft!!!

Edited by modelman11

Gents:

I'm thinking about doing both the RC-135U Combat Sent and the RC-135 Cobra Ball. Both are a lot of work.

On the Combat Sent there's more than just the chin fairing. There are the revised ventral fairing where the boomer is on a tanker, conformal wing tip antennas, bullet fairings on the engine pylons, extended tail empendage, bullet fairing near the top of the vertical tail, fuel dump pipe, HF stinger for one wing, a myriad of smaller antennas and the dome between the cheeks.

On Cobra Ball there are the antenna fairings on the forward right fuselage, the tear drop fairings on both sides of the rear fuselage and the large windows. The Cobra Ball is actually the easier of the two.

How much interest is there?

Mark

Yeah I figured. I would love to do any of them I just didnt know about implanting a new nose. I think the italeri KC-135R is the best place to start because of the engines and the fact that its easy to find. It would be awesome to have the ability to make an rc without having to find an old amt kit, then get cfm-56's and then do any retrofitting. I wonder if wolfpak do a sheet with some rc-135 decals as well. Especially with the OF tailcode!!!