A-26 "Always" Firebomber

Off to a good start. Pics from Scalefirebomber.com of ther cockpit looks like it is grey so that is what I'm doing. Thr rear compartment I went ahead with interior green but since the rear glass was replaced with sheet metal it will never be seen, door glass is too thick. So, cockpit is in and the fuselage is ready for primer and paint. Working on the wings, engines and nacelles now. Fuselage is NMF, hope I don't crew it up. ~Chris

t7nt5wzadjqutmp6aiqc.jpg

p8xphmkwnbxyqd0q916f.jpg

209nceyuno4h5jpr297s.jpg

6fnlyvevvn1hpj8nhmpf.jpg

On a side note, what shade of blue do you think this is? I'm not good with picking color shades. Looks lighter than insignia blue.

always8.jpg

Edited by kg4kpg

Looking good.

No clue on the color. Looking in the Walk Around here on ARC and the site you posted. I would think its the same blue on WWII Navy aircraft. The picture you have above just seems to make it look lighter.

Looking good! I love that movie

Next on your plate should be the Catalina :thumbsup:

I wanted to do the Catalina and may one of these days, but there are a lot of modifications to the Revell kit so I need to keep working on my skills before I attempt it. Tail is different, nose, engines. Only easy part is the paint and decals.

On the blue, I made some color spots to compare the blues I have in the rack and it looks like I will be using insignia blue lightened a bit over the grey primer. Came out the closest. A light dusting of white, weathering and smoke staines should do the trick.

Edited by kg4kpg

Major painting is now done, just need to clean up a couple spots and the seams from the horizontal stabiliozers then it will get a couple coats of future. Havt to make the turret hole plate and paint the engine nacelles. Coming along nice.

1etlvbhe1k8ygnnakps8.jpg

d5bs5ddnupqvc9gfea40.jpg

Interesting... have you seen these black and yellow A-26 firebombers? You outta build one of each :crying2:

http://cdn-www.airliners.net/aviation-phot...4/3/0664345.jpg

I bought the re-release that has the yellow scheme but I gave the decals away to another fire-bomber fan. Really just wanted to do the movie plane. That's an awesome pic, the bare props really stand out.

chris

Looking good so far, lots of little :crying2: in the movie for me but it is still fun to watch and the flying scenes are great.

The Catalinas are a bit of a challenge since most of those that were used for firefighting were the PBY-6A and most kits are of the PBY-5 and 5A, plus a lot of them were made into "Super Cats" by replacing the 1200 hp P&W Twin Wasps with 1850 hp Wright Cyclones from B-25s. If you are building in 1/48 though you are a little better off than those of us building in 1/72 as someone did do a 1/48 resin conversion for the -6A.

Looking good so far, lots of little :) in the movie for me but it is still fun to watch and the flying scenes are great.

The Catalinas are a bit of a challenge since most of those that were used for firefighting were the PBY-6A and most kits are of the PBY-5 and 5A, plus a lot of them were made into "Super Cats" by replacing the 1200 hp P&W Twin Wasps with 1850 hp Wright Cyclones from B-25s. If you are building in 1/48 though you are a little better off than those of us building in 1/72 as someone did do a 1/48 resin conversion for the -6A.

Flying scenes are what ot me hooked on it. Plus, Holly Hunter sure looked hot in that white dress :)

I think that conversion was for the tail and there was an ARC'er who had made the correct nose but he quit making them. I was going to buy one of them but couldn't afford it at the time. I bought a B-25 kit to use the engins and nacelles but the cutting involved exceeded my skill level. Maybe we'll get a -6A kit one of these days???

Okay, blue is done, top turret hole is filled, and based on a pic I saw, I added a right seat, control column ,plus a big red lever I assume is to release the doors for the fire retardent to drop. Time for Future and the few decals it uses.

cla8i5a5wwxcji3lcc9n.jpg

ggsen2p5m7cd5zfd1xzl.jpg

Morning Guys n Gals,

I must admit that I reckon the start of the film Always, is just about the best of any film I've seen. I crank up the volume and get a fantastic racket through my surround sound system.

Whilst thinking about it, the best ending to a film has to be my favourite film of all time. Everytime I mention this film to friends they just look blank when I mention the title. So who here's watched 'Electraglide in Blue'?

Regards

Reggie AKA The cameraman