Starting the Revell 1/32nd Typhoon

Here is the start of the cockpit I decided to modify the seat by making the cushions out of milliput since the kit ones are way undersized and lack any detail at all. The belts were sanded off and are being made out of metal foil and Tamiya tape plus bits of styrene rod and photo-etched parts that I have in the stash. Should have this finished in the next couple of days then on to the cockpit. Enjoy Erick

IMG_1655.jpg

IMG_1656.jpg

IMG_1657.jpg

IMG_1658.jpg

IMG_1659.jpg

IMG_1660.jpg

IMG_1661.jpg

Im thinking of boxing the sides in with sheet and seeing if that will fix the sides might try to find some tubing to mate up with the back end of the intakes long enought to hide the compressor fans since it goes all the way back past the main gear but will tackle that when I get there hahah Erick

The seat is looking nice! Good to see there's another Revell Tiffie build starting, I just started mine. Any thoughts on how you will conquer the intake?

Cheers,

Marcel

Here is the start of the intakes i sanded off the moulded sides inside the fuselage and replaced the sides on the intakes with sheet plastic cut to approximate size. I will cut the sheet plastic to fit before installation. Then puttied the seams and started the sanding process. Still have to fix a few spots with super glue and then primer and paint but looks better than before. Erick Should look good under a few coats of paint

IMG_1662.jpg

IMG_1663.jpg

IMG_1664.jpg

IMG_1665.jpg

Erick, with the quality of your builds, this is going to be fantastic and fun to watch ... :thumbsup:

Gregg

Gregg said it for me......however it looks like an expensive tube of Milliput is going to be one of my future purchases ;) B). You mentioned that you made the belts out of metal foil...is that regular aluminum foil or that lead foil stuff a lot of others talk about?. If so where did ya get the lead foil. My local Michaels outlet folks don't know anything about it.

Edited by Angels49
Im thinking of boxing the sides in with sheet and seeing if that will fix the sides might try to find some tubing to mate up with the back end of the intakes long enought to hide the compressor fans since it goes all the way back past the main gear but will tackle that when I get there hahah Erick

I started boxing my sides with sheet and have started work on the tubing. But it looks like Two Mikes will produce a full-length intake, so I may set that part of the project aside and wait to see what Mike produces.

• 3 weeks later...