G-5 Model? Did it ever come out?

Wow!!!!!

I recall that back in 1987 with my very first salary , I had to choose between a C-5 and Heller BA/SV Tristar.

The Tristar won but I never saw the C-5 again.

wonder wich might have been, I cant even remember the scale, It had the grey white USAF colors.

I think maybe Testors......

Hope you have luck finding it.

Trident

No guys Rick is talking about the Gulfstream G-V that Minicraft announced as a 1/48 release a couple of years ago.

No sign of it yet, just like the 1/72 Martin Mariner that was in their catalogue last year with a $65 pricetag and it still has not hit the shelves and has disappeared from their website.

Welsh Models have a 1/72 G-IV in their range, very nice vac/resin kit.

Edited by Trojan Thunder
No guys Rick is talking about the Gulfstream G-V that Minicraft announced as a 1/48 release a couple of years ago.

It was a GIII/C-20B that was announced. I was really looking forward to that model since i work for Gulfstream. Last I heard, Minicraft has suspended development of it....

Nothing whatever has been done on the Gulfstream, not even the beginnings of research or design. The Mariner is 100% completed in design, just no money to tool it. There is serious doubt as to whether an injection molded Mariner is really worth doing. I personally doubt it. I also personally think a 1/72 C-54/DC-4 would sell much better, and have much broader appeal, both to the civil and the military side than a Mariner ever could.

J

I was in the local model shop at lunch time today and they had a 2007 Minicraft catalogue which had a nice picture of the upcoming C-20/G-IV with coming soon over the top of the picture. How things change!

The Welsh kit comes with USAF/USN markings.

EJP-72-11.jpg

ejp72-11-1.jpg

Edited by Trojan Thunder
ok I had looked at the Welsh models page... it said VAC and I cant make vacuform models.. Im lucky I can make plastic.. the other new one on this site says multi media.. what the heck is that...?

Rick

Fly Navy...

Rick I have the kit, the fuselage is vacform, the wings, enignes and stabs are resin and the I think the gear is metal. Can't get much more multimedia than that. I can take a few pictures of the contents of the kit if you want.

The Welsh vacs are the best I have seen moulding wise.

Rick,

Take a look at the NASA 747 Shuttle Transporter thread also in this forum. I'm currently building the Injection moulded 1/72 shuttle to sit on top of the Vacuform/Multimedia AIM 747 I'm building at the same time. A new update on this project will be out in the next few days. I also have the Welsh models 737-700 BBJ/C-40 kit. It's beautiful. Don't hesitate because of a multimedia kit or even a vacform kit. They might need a little more work, but they're well worth the effort. If you would like me to , I can post a few photos of the Welsh kit. It's not started yet, but you would see what the kit looks like.

All The Best,

Paul

Edited by Paul Mullins
Thanks that would be cool... I have never made one and from what I understand its hard as hell to do this.

Absolutely, positively, completely, and in every other way untrue. It's not brain surgery, and it's not voodoo. Welsh kits like this one are by far the easiest type of vacuform to do. If you can move your hand back and forth while holding something, you can do a vacuform. There is nothing whatever difficult about it. There are several methods, so if you feel brave enough to try it, just post something here and I'll be happy to explain it for you.

J

Here are the pictures of the kit, the fuselage, wings, stabs and engines are vacform. Resin parts include the winglets, engine pylons, intakes and exhausts. Metal parts are the gear, wheels and cockpit stuff like the inst panel, seats and control columns. Clear vac sheet also provided for windscreen inserts.

The flash has washed out the detail but panel lines are very crisp.

C-20_1.jpg

Decals included for USAF and USN aircraft....

C-20_2.jpg