Fuel tank in the ICM MiG-25 kit??

I was looking over some of my near future projects and I noticed the ICM MiG-25 kit has what looks like a long range fuel tank in it. Did the Foxbat ever use that tank?? I checked Google and found plenty of Foxbat pics, but none with that tank.

The answer is that there is no such plane as just plain vanilla "MiG-25". As I remember, its first version - MiG-25P or МиГ-25П where П stands for "Перехватчик" - "Interceptor" did not have a capability of using drop tanks. The "ПД" - PD modification has such a capability. After Belenko incident all "П"s were upgraded to "ПДС" (PDS) level - basically it is "ПД" but without an ability to carry drop tank as it required serious modification to the fuel system. Apart from that there are very little visual difference between PD and PDS.

Conclusion - if you are modeling some particular machine make sure that you don't use drop tank with PDS.

Good photos, but be aware that these birds are reconnaissance aircrafts - not the interceptor modification given by ICM.

But since I am converting my ICM kit to a recce bird, then those tanks will be needed.

Great pics, especially the camo'd one.

Larry

More from the depths of my hardisk. This time, I know they're from pilot.strizhi.info. How do I know? It says so on the photos :thumbsup: I tried to link directly to their webpage, but it seems to be down. Anyway, here they are. Sorry I could only find the recce birds.

IMG_1106_sm.jpg

IMG_1108_sm.jpg

IMG_1114_sm.jpg

IMG_1120_sm.jpg

IMG_1155_sm.jpg

IMG_1296_ssm.jpg

IMG_1538_sm.jpg

IMG_1540_sm.jpg