SA 365 *F*I*N*I*S*H*E*D*

First I would like to thank the inicators for this great Group build! This is how far I got with my project. The model will be mostly made OOB, but with small home made modifications to look a bit more real. Interior was an easy job. To fill the space in the back part I made two benches out of plastic. I also added walls iside the front leg compartent and wired it just to fill the void.

img5397medium.jpg

img5388medium.jpg

img5392medium.jpg

img5393medium.jpg

img5394medium.jpg

All the best!

Primož

Edited by pkrasna

Looks like you are off to a good start. I like this kit, its a nice fairly easy build and it is a great looking helicopter.

You may already know this but the Matchbox / Revell kit doesn't really build an HH-65 out of the box, it needs a few modifications. There is some alteration to the rear windows, the lower fin on the tail boom is different and of course you need to add a winch. None are really big things to fix, but they are fairly noticable if you compare the HH-65 to an SA365.

This kit was actually responsible for getting me hooked on USCG aircraft a few years ago.

HH65_1.jpg

HH65_2.jpg

HH65_3.jpg

Thank you Aaronw i will modify this so that it looks like a real one.

In the meantime some progress. First I had to finis the seats.

img5401mediumd.jpg

The surface of the chopper was verry plane so I engraved some details and add small parts from scratch.

img5402medium.jpg

img5405medium.jpg

img5411medium.jpg

img5413medium.jpg

This is how it looks now.

img5414medium.jpg

Cheers!

Primož

It doesn't look like much extra work, but the extra little bits you've added look great. I never realized how empty the rear compartment looks on mine. I'm definately going to have to look into adding some interior detail when I do the white version of the HH-65. What size wire did you use in the rear wheel wells, that is a small detail but adds a lot. I'm assuming most of the wire is actually thin solder?

It doesn't look like much extra work, but the extra little bits you've added look great. I never realized how empty the rear compartment looks on mine. I'm definately going to have to look into adding some interior detail when I do the white version of the HH-65. What size wire did you use in the rear wheel wells, that is a small detail but adds a lot. I'm assuming most of the wire is actually thin solder?

Yes thea are quite simpleaddons bot they boost up the little red devil. The leg comparments are so narow that much more wont go in. Besides, the legs will also fill the void. For detailing I used a simple lead wire 0,3 mm for the compartments and 0,6 mm for the pipe below the floor. Probably I will aso ad a portable bed in the rear part of the interior to fill space a bit more, becase the doors will be left open.

The colors ar comming together.

img5418medium.jpg

img5420medium.jpg

img5422medium.jpg

All the best!

Primož

Pkrasna , Your HH-65 Dolphin looks great .

I have a couple of those birds sitting under the workbench , half completed , I think I'll copy what you did and add some rear seating . I was also wondering what you used for rescribing some of the panel lines , it certainly adds a lot to the overall smooth fuselage . I would like to try the same thing but I'm not sure if my hand is steady enough to scribe neat panel lines .

I recently bought over the internet from Hannants in England , some more 1/72 USCG decals ,

modelallianceuscgdecals.jpg

U.S.Coast Guard Choppers PT 1 is an 10 page booklet and there are markings for a white scheme HH-65A Dolphin , I also like the shark decal on one of the HH-65 birds .

Great progress pic's as well Pkrasna .

Pkrasna , Your HH-65 Dolphin looks great .

I have a couple of those birds sitting under the workbench , half completed , I think I'll copy what you did and add some rear seating . I was also wondering what you used for rescribing some of the panel lines , it certainly adds a lot to the overall smooth fuselage . I would like to try the same thing but I'm not sure if my hand is steady enough to scribe neat panel lines .

I recently bought over the internet from Hannants in England , some more 1/72 USCG decals ,

modelallianceuscgdecals.jpg

U.S.Coast Guard Choppers PT 1 is an 10 page booklet and there are markings for a white scheme HH-65A Dolphin , I also like the shark decal on one of the HH-65 birds .

Great progress pic's as well Pkrasna .

Thanks!!!

For rescribing the panels I use two tools. For the narrov and flat lines I use an usual Tamiya scriber ( http://www.modelsforsale.com/listphotos/TM74015.jpg ) , but fot the curves and lines on uneven surfaces I use a razor saw (similar like this: http://www.hannants.co.uk/search/?FULL=AEM040 ). For staying on the lines I use an usal thick duble side tape.

The decals look real nice and really cover many models.

Primož

Edited by pkrasna

That looks great.

I hate to point this out and forgot until I saw it again, but Revell messed up the tail stripe, putting the blue stripe on the wrong side of the white stripe. Its not a huge thing most people will notice but you've done such a great job on the rest, I thought I'd point it out so if you want to fix it you can do it before going further.

Edited by Aaronw
That looks great.

I hate to point this out and forgot until I saw it again, but Revell messed up the tail stripe, putting the blue stripe on the wrong side of the white stripe. Its not a huge thing most people will notice but you've done such a great job on the rest, I thought I'd point it out so if you want to fix it you can do it before going further.

Thank you I didnt even noticed. I corected it, so now it looks right.

The model is F * I * N * I * S * H * E * D !!!!!!

And here are the photos:

img5440medium.jpg

img5435medium.jpg

img5436medium.jpg

img5437medium.jpg

img5439medium.jpg

All the best!

Primož

• 1 month later...