"Yellow3" ME262A-1a III./KG(J)54

Well I have finished 3 of the builds I had left over from last year, time to finish the last one. I started this build over in the FSM 262 GB. I have build up pics to show where I am at this point.

Pics of the home detailed tub.

IMG_1373.jpg

IMG_1372.jpg

Added detail to the walls of the landing gear bay.

IMG_1371.jpg

IMG_1370.jpg

Detail pics of the Pit. I added wiring, O2 mask hose from wrapped wire, Throttles are pieces of PE fret with styrene added I even was able to shape foil into the protective gaurds :jaw-dropping:.

IMG_1392.jpg

IMG_1391.jpg

IMG_1388.jpg

C & C are most welcome. this has all been closed up a long time ago. I will get more pics up soon.

Cheers & Semper Fi-Jason

Edited by USMC Herc

Mikester Thank you very much, I thought I did a good job on the pit and am glad that you agree..TY.

I noticed looking at reference pics that Tamiya and most model manufacturers do not place all the control rods in the wheel wells. So I scratched them from some styrene rod and added some more plumping to the bottom of the tub.

IMG_1386.jpg

IMG_1385.jpg

IMG_1384.jpg

I painted the side walls & used pastels to weather the sides. Still have no Idea how KILROY made it here :D :).

IMG_1383.jpg

IMG_1382.jpg

Nose Landing gear, added plumbing, the nose gear bay is a single piece of lead to balance the aircraft. I added so much detail to the main bays thatI had to do something here. Using a brass shim I cut the access panels and doors and glued them to the lead(Next time I will use thin styrene, easier to work with)

IMG_1380.jpg

IMG_1378.jpg

IMG_1376.jpg

IMG_1375.jpg

Comments & Criticium(did i spell this correctly?? :)) is most welcome & appreciated. Pics of the gun bay are next. ;)

Cheers & Semper Fi-Jason

Stratox thanks for stopping by and looking.

The fine wire I used for the IP I stripped from a wire out of a now defunct clock/radio. the other wire is copper that i picked up from the local Do It Yourself store. I think I found it in .5mm - .8mm, and I have different sizes of soder from the same place. I am always looking at every store I go to for more wire.

Hope this Helps.

Cheers & Semper Fi-Jason

and as promised pics of the Gun deck.

I think I have something around 40 added wires just in the bay. Each of the cannons has its electronic triggers ran, the cannon cocking mechanism, and cannon clearing line. I my wife says I have OCD when it comes to adding detail :D :rofl: !

IMG_1424.jpg

IMG_1425.jpg

IMG_1427.jpg

IMG_1428.jpg

Pic of the Aircraft before paint.

IMG_1429.jpg

C & C are most welcome.

Cheers & Semper Fi-Jason

I primered her up and added a coat of GSI Creos Mr. Metal Color Alminume. it went on nice and easy straight from the jar . I then lightly buffed it with a paper towel. One thing I noticed while buffing and later handling is the paint seems to be real powderey(is that even a word?) It will buff up to a real high shine, after I got done buffing it looked like a fresh metal aircraft straight from the plant.

Question: How do you guys seal your buffable metal colors?? When I attempted to mask some areas after spraying on Mr.Color Laquers, the tamiya tape lifted the paint easily. I also taped a panel off that I forgot to paint, I had sprayed the base colors and a gloss coat of future over the top, but when removing the tape it pulled paint all the way down to the Aluminium.

20090125_IMG_3271.jpg

20090125_IMG_3272.jpg

i sprayed the bottom RLM76 Light Blue & the Top RLM83 Dark Green. after I sprayed the base colors I remembered the Gunbay covers. I thought I had made these to where I could remove them and show off all the great detail I had added. Well i was wrong :'(. I had to fight the right side gun cover into place. after many hours of frustration and multiple passes with CA & Tamiya extra thin I finally won the battle :D. Would have been much easier if I would have remembered before adding paint.

20090127_IMG_3273.jpg

20090127_IMG_3274.jpg

20090127_IMG_3275.jpg

I have since gloss coated her and started adding decals.

Thanks for looking. Comments and suggestions are always welcome.

Cheers & Semper Fi-Jason

Paint job fixed. Decals have been added. Did not relize that there where so many decals & placards on this jet. I did not place the large Blue/White checker board correctly on the first side, I decaled half the aircraft and went to work. I then decaled the other side, matched placement and saw the mismatch on the bottom of the aircraft. That will stay as I have no idea of how to lift decals & reapply.

But anyway...decals are applied & so is the panel wash. Question should I spray another layer of clear on before post shading to protect the oil wash?????

20090131_IMG_3276.jpg

20090131_IMG_3277.jpg

20090131_IMG_3278.jpg

Comments, complaints, I am a dumb :angry: s for missing something stupid, suggestions are always welcome.

Cheers & Semper Fi-Jason