a change from planes

having a change and painting the street where i grew up on a typical early sixties day ,i don't live far from it now

i went to photograph the layout last week ( a hell of a lot has changed ) but street layout and buildings are the same

i just have to replace the totaly flattened to the ground railway line the truck is a 1950's commer comet and the car is a 1960 triumph herald 948

What size is it Paul?

33'' x 23'' sort of medium sized it was a canvas previously painted by someone else ( not a good painting ) but at least it was smooth enough to re use the canvas

it is also in acrylics which i like but now find them less good after getting re aqauinted with oils

oils are far supreme for blending and time to work with them !!

ARE you going to have it displayed in local Library when there is an Art show for public to see and maybe buy it..

WE have an Admin guy that paints scenery and every now and then he displays his paintings in galleries that are holding public painting display days as it were... he also shows them off at town halls and has sold a few...

Is this for your peroonal perusal ..Its very good . :lol: the size is good too!

HOLMES

Edited by HOLMES

the plan is it is for my own hallway as it is a time i loved with vehicles i loved and the area i grew up in with things i liked about the area included

i have been asked to join the local art society by a few members and they exhibit every year so that's a possibillity

as for selling , maybe not but as they say if the price is right it's nothing i can't do again but it would be difrent a second time

difrent coloured vehicles or types of vehicle to keep every painting original

• 1 month later...

turned out ok greg but from now on my major stuff is in oils .

i'm not giving up acrylics ( they can be used well ) but blending and toning colours is a nightmare ( oils are far superior )

unless you use golden open acrylics but their cost is equivalent to artist quality oils over here

acrylics have their uses ( i have seen some artists produce photo quality ~) but glad i'm back with oils they are far superior if you are not affected by the mediums !

now finnished delayed posting due to pc breakdown !!

60sstreetscene001.jpg

MAGIC !!!

Paul it is absolutely lovely and remins ME of scees that Lowry did only his were matchsticks... {I prefer your way...}

you capturedthe beauty and the movements of the vehicles;and captivated,with the kids in the background playing SO freely and joyously..

PERFECT!!

:jaw-dropping:

Edited by HOLMES
Paul, the thing I learned with acrylics is, you have to work them differently than oils ...

I love both mediums ...

Gregg

as i said gregg , i don't dislike them i have sold a few commisions in acrylics

just starting to prefer oils again for smooth easy no rush blending effects