Anigrand KC-10 comming soon

It seems that the Anigran KC-10 is "comming soon" after all, after a year of hearing about it, it is now not far away.

Anybody actually seen it yet, offer any comments about it, apart from the obvious insults towards them of course!

We all know the C-17 wasnt correct, but at least it was present ;-)

The TW KC-10 has been out for about 10 years - it was a DC-10 with a cast metal KC-10 conversion. Not been produced for ages but hopefully will be re-released one day...

Personally I'm not sure resin is the best approach for kits of that size - puts HUGE strain on the undercarriage...

The TW kit is being reissued. As for Anigrand, I wonder what major shapes and/or details they'll screw up on the KC-10? For the price he asks for his stuff, I expect much better quality. I haven't seen a sinle Anigrand kit that didn't have something major wrong with it.

J

Yes the Transport Wings is being re-issued but will also be updated. There are a few threads in the AIRLINERS section that talks about it. Also, resin seems tooo heavy for a bird like this. Guess well find out. Personally, Im going with the transport wings aircraft. It should be out within a month or so and you can buy it from HANNANTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why do you say its to heavy, I dont understand.

Its been a while since I looked at my C-17, or even statlifters but from what I remember the landing gear strut takes the weight, and that slots into a reinforced "hole" in the sponson, (I assume the KC-10A will be the same)

So the weight is supported.

Thanx for the info.... :doh:

We all know the C-17 wasnt correct, but at least it was present ;-)

It seems that can be said for any kit being produced.....someone always find something that's wrong. I guess the only kit that's perfect is one that hasn't been released yet.

You mean Anigrand or TW? I have an Anigrand C-17 in 1/72 with the wrong nose...

TW does not do a C-17. It is Anigrand reissuing the C-17 with new nose parts and right hand sponson. The revised parts will also be availble to purchase separately through Anigrand USA/Nostalgic Plactic.

It seems that can be said for any kit being produced.....someone always find something that's wrong.

That's true, and there's no such thing as a perfect kit. However, Anigrand and Trumpeter both have a very well deserved reputation for screwing major things up on nearly every kit they make. I don't think that's "nitpicking". Telling me a kit is 0.5 mm too short in the fuselage is nitpicking. Having grossly incorrect shapes (the round windscreen of the Anigrand C-17, oval exhausts on the Anigrand XR-12, etc, etc, etc) or completely missing items (the RH sponson on the Anigrand C-17) is not nitpicking. That's major. That's why I don't buy their stuff.

J

If Airfix or Revell ever make a C-17 then Im sure the Anigrand offering will be consigned to the history book as a bad idea, but until then...

I hope they do, but that could also boomerang.

Take for example a certain large Asian manufacturer who was doing IP copies of resin armour kits. They botched it so bad that the resin manufacturer got payback by providing resin correction kits for the rip-off injection kit of their own product.

Not that Airfix or RoG would do anything like this, sure, but all that glitter`s not gold.

Not currently being a user of resin aircraft kits myself, can you tell me if Anigrand kits are as wide of the mark as is suggested, or was the C-17 just a blip that they are going to put right?

Cheers, Ian

Edited by Ian Buick

Ian,

Can't tell you about the accuracy of the other kits but the changes they are making do not address all the issues with the kit. It will still need a lot of work to make it look closer to a C-17. Have you checked my build thread on that monster? I will get back to it one day...

Ian,

Can't tell you about the accuracy of the other kits but the changes they are making do not address all the issues with the kit. It will still need a lot of work to make it look closer to a C-17. Have you checked my build thread on that monster? I will get back to it one day...

No, I hadn`t seen that Ray. wow, best of luck, `monster` is right! :banana:

I was wanting a KC-10 in 72nd you see, but I think I`ll maybe leave it `till I know more about the kit.

Best of luck with `monster`, looks like you`re working wonders with a tough beastie though. :thumbsup:

Cheers, Ian

• 5 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Yup, I bought it at the Nats in Phoenix. It's big. Very big! Looks like a pretty good kit for such a large size. very strong metal gear too, and it'll be needed, this thing's a pretty bad tail sitter right out of the box

Mike(this is your name?),

Can you make some photos of the parts?

Are there any surface details?

Isaac