You may have addressed this elsewhere, Ken, but what is your plan for color scheme? First flight, anti-corrosion primer, or full camo?

Well, as I have only seen one single photo of the camo, I don't really know enough about the colours or pattern to do it.

I do rather like the primer colours - it makes it look interesting.

Even if I had full details of the camo shape etc, I'd still be torn.......

Of course, as soon as I paint it in yellow primer and grey composites, photos will appear in hi-res showing the top, bottom and both sides in camo... :woot.gif:

Ken

Edited by Flankerman

Hi Ken,

She's starting to take shape nicely. Great work on those intakes in particular. They appear to have a very complex lip design which you have captured well.

Remarkable how much of the model can be borrowed from the F-22.

Keep up the hard work and she'll be another unique addition to your collection in no time. :jaw-dropping:

:cheers:

It's starting to look a bit like a T50...........

Pak%20fa%20027.jpg

The wings are from the Hobby Boss F-22 kit - suitably cut down to give them more sweep and slightly different shape.

The panel lines are filled - and new ones for the T50 scribed in.

The horizontal stabilators and front canards (not shown here) will have to be fabricated from thick plastic card....

Pak%20fa%20028.jpg

I'm not sure that I have got the area of the spine just behind the cockpit correct - it should be more rounded.

I may have to re-visit that area.... it's difficult without cross-sections :banana:

Pak%20fa%20029.jpg

....and that boat tail..... :coolio:

Ken

Remarkable how much of the model can be borrowed from the F-22.

I'm curious how much of the F-22 kit is being utilized for this build. So far the wings and canopy have been well-lent. Other kit-donated parts are from Flanker kits, from what I can tell.

I must say, this is the best build I have seen in a long time. Your work is truly inspiring. So tired of seeing others buy a $30 to $40 kit and put every aftermarket part they can find into it.

Again, amazing work! :thumbsup:

Steven L :worship:

Does the boat tail sweep up, or is it just the perspective in that one shot?

Yes, it does.

The spine and the tail is a bit wierd on the model indeed, if you fix that, it will look fantastic. :salute:

Yes, it does.

The spine and the tail is a bit wierd on the model indeed, if you fix that, it will look fantastic. :woot.gif:

But I am now worried that I have scaled the drawings too big - I based them on a span of approx 14.5m.

I suspect that the real thing may be quite smaller than that - I'll have to wait and see.

I also think the wing root leading edges/canard flaps on my model - (and thus the intake lips) - are wrong.

The drawings and my model have them sloping down from the fuselage - but that recent front view shows them just about parallel to the ground.

So they should be straight when viewd from the front - not sloping down.

I need more info - particularly a definitive correct wing span.

So it's on hold just now - waiting for more info......

Plus I am going off to Sullaymaniyah next week - to take my grandson to see his paternal Kurdish grandparents.

Ken

But I am now worried that I have scaled the drawings too big - I based them on a span of approx 14.5m.

I suspect that the real thing may be quite smaller than that - I'll have to wait and see.

Ken

Actually, now there is a source (he works with engines, for example 117 article...) that wingspan should be based from 14.7 m, and length is 19.5 m. So if that length and wingspan is really true, then you are not too far off.

I also think the wing root leading edges/canard flaps on my model - (and thus the intake lips) - are wrong.

The drawings and my model have them sloping down from the fuselage - but that recent front view shows them just about parallel to the ground.

So they should be straight when viewd from the front - not sloping down.

That is because on the drawings you have the front wheel is not on the ground. So the angle shows up different from that new head on view picture.

That is because on the drawings you have the front wheel is not on the ground. So the angle shows up different from that new head on view picture.

I took that into account - I think I have my intakes even more sloping than the drawing.

Certainly the wing root leading edge is too sloped on my model.

I just measured my model - I have ended up with a scale span of 20.7cm - which works out to 14.9m - so I am in the ballpark.

So it isn't as bad as I had feared - all I have to do is re-work the wing root leading edge - and the intakes.

Back to the drawing board...

Ken