Nearly there.......

Pak%20fa%20040.jpg

Ken

Yes yes yes yes! :pray: :wub:

I would say you should wait a bit, i guess one month or so. and then i am sure we will have full coverage of the camo. *Then* you can decide. I myself are fan of primer painted birds (your KUB and a nice eurofighter in primer was posted here on ARC), but i guess it will be easier (or harder) to decide after a few pics.

You could always do both... :cheers::coolio:

A very good effort Ken, but I found the top of your model a bit off... the engine bulges on the top should transform from circular shape to more narrow triangular one and extend into the hump behind the cockpit - it's hard to explain with words but check closely the photo from Komsomolsk that was taken from the roof top.

While you made those triangular bulges on the hump, they are separate from the engine parts on your model, but looking at that photo, it is evident that they are connected.

I'd generally agree with what Sebastijan suggests. The intakes at the base of the fins should probably be refined a bit. In addition, have a look at the yellow trapezoidal panels on the forward part of the nacelle bulges in this photo, running forward of the bare metal sections. The nacelle bulges appear to taper quite a bit and almost completely merge with the flat dorsal spine. They're also toed in a fair amount.

I'd generally agree with what Sebastijan suggests. The intakes at the base of the fins should probably be refined a bit. In addition, have a look at the yellow trapezoidal panels on the forward part of the nacelle bulges in this photo, running forward of the bare metal sections. The nacelle bulges appear to taper quite a bit and almost completely merge with the flat dorsal spine. They're also toed in a fair amount.

When I read yours - and Sebastijan's - post, my immediate reaction was - Oh bu**er! - but it's too late and I am getting fed up with it, so it is staying as it is.....

Then the little voice in my head said - "come on - why spoil the ship for a ha'porth of tar" - and reason prevailed - so it is out with the Milliput again.... :woot.gif:

Thanks for keeping me on the straight and narrow guys - you are the voices of my integrity!!!

It still won't be 100% accurate - but no worse than Hasegawa's Flanker - and a lot better than Trumpeter's effort (sorry Trumpeter!)

Ken

We're here to help... kick you when you're down!

In seriousness, your work is excellent so far. I've no doubt you can handle this beast. I would toss in my two cents on the color scheme, but I'm similarly agnostic.

Well Ken, the positive thing is that you still have some time to fix it, since there is no pictures that showes the camo in full. :woot.gif: So in meantime, you *could* listen to the little voice, or ignore... :worship:

Honnestly, i noticed that issue as well, just didnt had the hearth to say it aloud... :)

Also, are the fins angled to little, or is it just me? (but i guess they are not glued, just test fit?)

Right - enough of all this 'building by committee' :whistle:

I have revised the upper engine nacelles........

Pak%20fa%20043.jpg

.... and given it a final coat of primer....

Pak%20fa%20044.jpg

I don't care what you say now - this is the final shape that is going into the paint shop.... :cheers:

Pak%20fa%20045.jpg

Ken

I don't care what you say now - this is the final shape that is going into the paint shop.... :banana:

Ken

Hi Ken!

If you don't mind, I think that there's a slight error shape-wise with the...just kidding, :salute: I think it looks awesome!

Congrats! A lot of work but well worth it!

Can't wait to see it all dressed up! :whistle:

Cheers

I have a powerpoint presentation on the PAK FA. I'm sure you've seen it already but if you want a copy PM me with your email and I'll be happy to send it.

Jeff

This?

http://www.flightglobal.com/blogs/the-dewl...y.html#comments

Funny that there is even pic lifted up from ARC's thread, the pictures that were made by Zacto. :jaw-dropping:

PS: A lot of the stuff in that powerpoint is...well. How can i say it in balanced way...

BS is the best expression i guess. :jaw-dropping:

Edited by Berkut
This?

http://www.flightglobal.com/blogs/the-dewl...y.html#comments

Funny that there is even pic lifted up from ARC's thread, the pictures that were made by Zacto. ;)

PS: A lot of the stuff in that powerpoint is...well. How can i say it in balanced way...

BS is the best expression i guess. :whistle:

The link said "ERROR, document deleted by user"....

Edited by jbrundt
Anyone have any more info about it ?? Kasatka ?? Kotei ??

Ken

I'm not know who's this model, but i'm know that preparing two PAK-FA models in 1/72 - firstly will be fully resin model from one producer, later will be styrene model from second producer.

BTW - fantastic build, Ken.

Edited by kotey
I'm not know who's this model, but i'm know that preparing two PAK-FA models in 1/72 - firstly will be fully resin model from one producer, later will be styrene model from second producer.

I hope they take their time to iron out details based on what little reference material's out there, and wait for more photos and other images to be released. Where did you hear about them?

Ken, any ETA when you might have this finished? Maybe another couple months at most?