I'm not know who's this model, but i'm know that preparing two PAK-FA models in 1/72 - firstly will be fully resin model from one producer, later will be styrene model from second producer.

BTW - fantastic build, Ken.

Hopefully Zvezda. :monkeydance:

Also, Sergei, that model looks mighty good. From the small scans it *seems* the intakes and nose looks a bit weird, but other that that, mighty good.

I hope they take their time to iron out details based on what little reference material's out there, and wait for more photos and other images to be released. Where did you hear about them?

Ken, any ETA when you might have this finished? Maybe another couple months at most?

Hmmmmmm....

I was aiming to have it finished sooner than that.

My intention was to just have a basic model showing the shape of the thing - to display on our Soviet SIG stand to show what it looks like.

(I remember those American comics I used to read - with ads for Revell & Monogram kits - "Be first on your block with this new model"....)

That's why I did not intend to have panel lines - mostly because the model's surface consist of so many different textures (plastic, Milliput, Green Stuff) that I don't think I can get consistent clear lines - but mainly 'cos I am no good at scribing :monkeydance:

You guys are keeping me on the straight and narrow, encouraging me not to be satisfied with 'that's close enough'...... but I am torn between spending more time adding more detail - and being overtaken by events.

I'm not know who's this model, but i'm know that preparing two PAK-FA models in 1/72 - firstly will be fully resin model from one producer, later will be styrene model from second producer.

That's great news, Kotey,

But now that the 'professionals' are getting in on the act - and there is promise of a real PAK FA model - I'd better get a move on.

So, the decision is made - do mine as a simple model in its primer colours - then do another one in the full splinter camo - using the resin kit when it comes out (and there are some new pics from Zhukovsky)

Cheers

Ken

I hope they take their time to iron out details based on what little reference material's out there, and wait for more photos and other images to be released. Where did you hear about them?

Ken, any ETA when you might have this finished? Maybe another couple months at most?

If detail photos of PAK-FA not published at web, its not seems, that not aviable to model designers, its photo is real and used during 3D model design. ;)

Edited by kotey

This is one of the reasons I am rushing to finish my scratch-build.......

From my colleagues in Russia - coming soon !!!!.....

Resin%20PAK%20FA_01.jpg

In 1:72 scale, it is targeted for a release date of end May.....

Resin%20PAK%20FA_02.jpg

I don't know anything more about it - so please don't ask.......

Resin%20PAK%20FA_03.jpg

Resin%20PAK%20FA_04.jpg

It looks stunning :worship: :worship: - I for one can't wait.......

Ken

Wow, now we can all build one, that great news :nanner: ! thanks for sharing, so hurry up and finish your Ken, can wait to see it finished. Btw your build looks more accurate to me :worship::nanner: and this kit ,well it seams it is still going to need some work to get it right. :worship:

This is one of the reasons I am rushing to finish my scratch-build.......

From my colleagues in Russia - coming soon !!!!.....

Resin%20PAK%20FA_04.jpg

It looks stunning :) :coolio: - I for one can't wait.......

Ken

It must be stealthy--the control surfaces and inlets are invisible!

No pressure to panel line... :cheers:

Meanwhile...... back at my scratchbuilt PAK FA.......

I sprayed they grey topcoat using a can of acrylic car spray - Ford Polar Grey.....

Pak%20fa%20046.jpg

The yellow primer is Humbrol 81 - Matt Pale Yellow, lightened with lots of white......

Most primer areas are masked and brush-painted, but the panels are painted decal sheet, cut to shape and added.

Pak%20fa%20047.jpg

I still have panels to add - and more detailing/tidying up to do....

The fins are temporarily attached............

Pak%20fa%20048.jpg

Pak%20fa%20049.jpg

Ken

Good lords that looks gorgeous, Ken, even without scribed panel lines. That'll look sharp next to some of its Sukhoi predecessors.

Thanks - I am quite pleased with the result.

I think I've got the shape more-or-less right.

When are you starting on the T10-1? :coolio:

Hmmmm... I keep looking inside the box, shuddering - and putting it away again.

I reckon building the Unicraft T10 will be harder than scratchbuilding the T-50 :banana:

Cheers

Ken