• 2 weeks later...

Blurry pic of how I left it this morning, just did a little masking before work. Painted some other spots on the tail that will be different than the overall gunship grey as well. Nose got resprayed since I scratched that too!

That's coming along nicely Brett. Those engines look terrific.

Regards

Andrew

Thanks Andrew, appreciate it!

Some somewhat better pics. My camera is dying and had a hard time focusing......

Belly, which hopefully will look like the belly in the pic below this. I'll mask it off tomorrow.

IMGP0006-3.jpg

B-1B_Lancer_showing_its_belly.jpg

Front end, nose cone masked and the sides......anyone know why the area I have masked are always a different color grey?

IMGP0002-5.jpg

And.....tale!

IMGP0003-3.jpg

IMGP0005-3.jpg

Not sure I understand the masking question...looking good either way!

I'm assuming you worked out the engine pod fit before this point so they'll go on cleanly. Given some of the fit problems the big guy has, how hard were the engine pods to match up to the fuselage?

Looking great

For the area that are a different grey i would put my money on Titanium reinforcements and/or protection on sensible areas or areas that get beat up by heat ect

But this is my guess so dont take it to the bank :bandhead2:

Cheers

Neo

Not sure I understand the masking question...looking good either way!

I'm assuming you worked out the engine pod fit before this point so they'll go on cleanly. Given some of the fit problems the big guy has, how hard were the engine pods to match up to the fuselage?

Hey Mark......I double and triple checked to make sure the pods will mount up without any issue prior to painting, so we're good to go there. Unless my 5 year old knocks one off.....then it's trouble!

So, apparently I can't apply decals correctly. I just noticed while I was taking some pictures that I reversed one.....see if you see it.

Here's how she's sitting right now. All upper decals are on, I just need to flip the plane upside down and do all the lowers, then I'll gloss coat it to seal everything in.

So far so good...other than that decal.

DSCF1426.jpg

IMGP0005-4.jpg

IMGP0001-4.jpg

IMGP0003-4.jpg

• 2 weeks later...