Since Ryan invited me over, I'll include my Lancer in this build. I'm just yanking all my posts from the In Progress forum and pasting, so if this all seems familiar, that's why :thumbsup:

So since I had an impulse buy I bought the Bone. I've got Two Bobs decals as well, waiting for me to get this together. My plan is gear down, forward bomb bay open. I know the exhausts are wrong on this, but I'm not sure what to do yet about that. Eduard? Cutting Edge if I could find them. Two Mikes have any surprises coming soon? Lol

Here's a few pics and updates from the past couple weeks, yanked out of the B-1 builders thread.

The nose LGB isn't glued together (obviously) since I'm hoping my DACO book shows up soon, so I can add a bit more detail. The cockpit, I'm not doing much more than what it's at. No point since won't see any of it later really.

7c11adfa.jpg

aa5df9ea.jpg

acb7ce33.jpg

b9d36a76.jpg

Annnnnd today....

Here's a few updates on where my Lancer is at. The cockpit and nose gear bay are done. I decided to go with black for the seat cushions on mine. The aft ejection seats, I decided I wasn't going to do much, since they're not visible. I've been glueing pennies together for weight, I think I've got enough now! For now I'm waiting for the glass to dry then I'll seal up the two fuselage halves. Let me know what you think.

a43a014f.jpg

e74f12a0.jpg

8c507290.jpg

1b45cfd8.jpg

997b3feb.jpg

3669d9e8.jpg

Edited by Brett M

I'm finally back with an update. I've been working primarily on the MLG bay and the forward bomb bay. Lots of little details. I hope that you all think it looks good, since I think they turned out well. I've also attached the upper fuselage to the nose and begin reinforcing the join with CA and pieces of sprue. The wings are both assembled, filled, sanded, filled again and sanded. The seam was huge! Also, there were depressions all along the top surface of the wings, so those were filled and sanded smooth.

Anyway, pics for you to critque. Please shout if you see something wrong :thumbsup:

0101ddb6.jpg

20ad272c.jpg

19a0250c.jpg

30bfde3f.jpg

242a3b3b.jpg

063c99d6.jpg

e09243da.jpg

420e6c93.jpg

c0bc5ef6.jpg

Looking very good! I had two of them, but trashed them because I couldn't figure out how to close the gap behind the wings. I'm tempted to try it again if I can solve that problem.

RYAN.

Which gap are you referring to? I haven't buttoned up the fuselage, but I'd rather be prepared for a fight if I need to!

When I built both of mine, I had huge gaps behind the wings when swept foward. When they were swept back, there was a little gap, but there none-the-less.

RYAN.

The kit comes with "gap fillers" for you to put in place if you are keeping the wings in the swept forward position......

There hasn't been a lot of progress on mine, mostly working on eliminating the seam from the nose to fuselage join. What a pain, I think I have it gone, hit it with a little primer and I can still see it! Pics are below, old camera so you might not see it.

3eb974c9.jpg

0e194300.jpg

659c249d.jpg

ed0d2613.jpg

Getting there slowly....

• 3 weeks later...

Here's my overly late reply and update on how my B-1 is doing. The horizontal stabilizers are complete, painted and decals on. I painted the walk ways since I used the decal ones for the wings. I think they look well. I've gotten rid of most of the seams, things are looking well. I did a bunch of sanding and polishing on the cockpit windows, smoothed them flush with the fuselage. No Future so far, just polish polish.

Thanks for looking.

1e76262e.jpg

05c85842.jpg

29748c3a.jpg

7e1a5792.jpg

57aa2ab7.jpg

450817ec.jpg

1ebff68e.jpg

Hi all. Another random update for you. I worked on the wheels and tires yesterday and today, I wish this beasty had rubber tires! Painted them and added light weathering as all the pics of B-1's have very very clean wheels and gear. I've assembled the nose gear and sprayed it white, I'll add more details and the lights in a bit. I also started cleaning up the intakes and all I can say is, horrible molding. There are sink marks, seams, warpage etc. I thought my Has F-14 intakes were hard to get right!

Here's some pics! Enjoy the weekend.

a1ca17da.jpg

19c02f94.jpg

f7b4759c.jpg

a523eab9.jpg

295ed733.jpg

Here's another update, thanks to Rob Byrnes. I'd previously asked if he would be interested in assembling the Eduard PE afterburner cans, to which he agreed to. These are the pictures he sent to me while assembling them. I got them in the mail yesterday and they definitely look sharp.

Thanks again for doing those Rob, I appreciate it a LOT!

100405Step1Complete.jpg

100406Step2Complete001.jpg

100406Step2Complete002.jpg

100406Step3Complete001.jpg

100406Step3Complete002.jpg

100407Smallpartsreadytoinstall001.jpg

100407Smallpartsreadytoinstall002.jpg

100408Complete002.jpg

100408Complete003.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Temporary work space after moving last week.

2928602f.jpg

I ordered Shull24's Sniper pod, towed decoys, and some JDAMs this morning. Time to get this monster finished! Annnnd a plus, UPS finally is paying the claim so I can get my PE details!

Hi Brett,

not much working place you have there... :pray:

Regards,Laz

Nope, not right now. But, it works. I've been getting a bit done on the landing gear doors and bomb bay doors. I filled, sanded and smoothed all the depressions from the molds, the injector marks, etc. Sprayed the inside's semi gloss white and the outsides gunship gray. Not much, but maybe I'll go take some pics!

Pics of my lack of progress!

IMGP0004-1.jpg

IMGP0003-1.jpg

IMGP0005-1.jpg

And the room

IMGP0001-1.jpg

What a mess

IMGP0002-2.jpg

Here are my latest updates. Sorry for the poor quality of the pictures, I can tell it's time to buy a new camera. This one is on it's last legs.

So, SNIPER is partially assembled. I have the glass polished and brushed Future onto it. Painted the FLIR lens, then added a drop of Micro Klear onto it. Shull24 did an outstanding job on this, can't wait to start my Beagle and get the other SNIPER built. I attached the pylon to the front of the fuselage and just need to make sure there are no seams or CA marks. Same with the rear decoys, glued on and in place. I saw one spot where CA ran, so I'll sand that smooth again. You can also see the scratch I added for the defensive system on the bottom of the tail.

Comments and critiques are welcome. Thanks for looking.

IMGP0003-2.jpg

IMGP0002-3.jpg

IMGP0006-1.jpg

IMGP0007-2.jpg

IMGP0009-1.jpg

IMGP0010-1.jpg

And the new, larger workspace. :pray:

IMGP0001-2.jpg