Rafale B - 1/48 Hobbyboss

Impressive. Did you add the rivet details, or were they already on the model? If they already existed, did you deepen them or did you leave them as they were?

It's very interesting that many of the modelers from the Czech Republic are insanely talented. A lot of after-market companies as well, right? I guess this hobby is huge over there.

Love the Rafale. Looks fantastic. Is it one of the 1/48 kits? One of the too many kits I am doing right now is the HB 1/72 Rafale C. It is a great looking airplane and I think you have done it great justice with your build. Way better than I can do, that's for sure. Thanks for the motivation!

I agree with Mike....the attention to detail is outstanding...I've never seen exhausts look that great, they even rival the AM kids products. Overall that is simply a very GREAT build...just IMHO, Trophy class to say the least!!!.

HOLY COW!!!

That is the best Rafale I have seen built!! The paint is amazing and I love the subtle weathering. How did you do the exhausts? They look spot on.

So, what Rafale parts would you like to see? :worship:

Awesome build Otisaq. :cheers:

And RE: Mike - A cockpit or at least seats would be good...maybe exhausts. Skyraider Models already does flare dispensers and a couple of other small add-ons I think...IIRC

This is my first post ever in this forum and I can only say that this Rafale is a masterpiece. I'm less than a beginner and I realize that you have reached such a level of perfection that now I fell so inspired to keep working in this hobby. Thank you very much for sharing your job. Congratulations.

Very nice and inspirational. I have one of the Revell kits about 80 percent finished, this might motivate me to finish it. Great job.

Mike, about the biggest thing the Rafale kits could use are the intakes, not only because the kit intakes go to nowhere, but there are some details on the real ones that can be seen from the outside, like a small area of the sawtooth RAM coating on the bottom of the inside surface, and what may be an inlet of some sort on the bottom as well.

Anthony

Wolfpack Designs does Rafale upgrades, including the dispensers and in service production upgrades.

Wow, the Rafale is superb, congratulations!!!

Amazing finish! Beautiful. Yes, Jason B is right. Wolfpack does some nice upgrades for the Rafale. Im just waiting for a nice tigermeet decals for this...that is if somebody would make one.

Eric

Actually Revell reissued the Rafale B updated to the F2 standard and with a Tiger Meet Decal Sheet. There is also a Model Alliance decal sheet with an Arctic Meet livery.

Thank you for all comments ! :-)

Yes, i agree, seats should be better. I know, that some parts makes wolfspack, but i heard, that its not perfect. Besides, this one B-01 is prototype.

I think, new released revell is better than HB, but, i get this one free...so...you know..:-)

Exhaust: First airbrushed with GSI Mr.SUPER METALLIC COLOR SM01 - silver, after that i add in silver colour little black, for darker colour, and i sprayed some little shadows. And for finish, wash with oil colours (Mig abtailung)

• 2 weeks later...

It is totally amazing, great work :wub:

Looks like Hobbyboss did a good tooling also, painting and weathering is extraordinary.

I wonder if 1/72 scale will be available also from Hobbyboss anywhere in our near future?

Best

Omer ERKMEN

From Turkey